HF 6.5 1/2 inch frame kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasszy

New member
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Well, today I managed to cut of the old spindles, build new ones, with 10* of KPI built in, and will also be setting up 15* of caster.

Some pics:

New spindles in the back, original ones in the front



Another view

 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
I was just thinking that. I don't see that working out for you, you might have to do it again with flat stock... My lil' crystal ball is showing me images of mangled drill bits and off-centre holes.

Frame's looking pretty decent. I was quite concerned about strength when you published your tube specs, but this just might work out for you.
 

lucasszy

New member
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I was just thinking that. I don't see that working out for you, you might have to do it again with flat stock... My lil' crystal ball is showing me images of mangled drill bits and off-centre holes.

Frame's looking pretty decent. I was quite concerned about strength when you published your tube specs, but this just might work out for you.

Was worried about that as well, but I have faith. :D REgardless, I am buying an extra few drill bits today and giving it a good ol go!

Cheers
 

lucasszy

New member
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
As to the frame, I welded in the front cross member, and its amazing how much strong the frame became. I just may weld in a length wise support down the center, but only after getting everything assembled, so that I can see how its working out!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top