Hey From Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentrek

New member
Messages
320
Reaction score
0
Location
Carrollton, TX.
I just thought I would go ahead and introduce myself since i have already made a post in the forums. My name is Mike, I am currently working on two Go Kart projects, one for my 6 year old son, one for myself. My sons is almost finished, just need help with the drive wheel and waiting for a couple small things to arrive so i can finish preassembly before painting it. My Go Kart unfortanentley had to go on the back burner for a little bit because my dailey driver decided it wanted to break a piston so im out $5900 getting that fixed. But now thats its fixed i am hoping to get started on mine soon. I have attached some pictures of my power source i bought. It is a freshly rebuilt Suzuki GSXR 750 sport bike motor, 118hp! I plan to build a 2 seat racing type street cart so i can scare the crap out of the wife and anybody that has the balls to ride on it with me.
I need to practice my welding skilzs though. The cart that is almost complete is the one im putting together for my son.


Shot at 2011-06-05

Shot at 2011-06-05

Shot at 2011-06-05

Shot at 2011-06-05
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
152
Location
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum. Nice engine!
And yes- please, please, please make sure your welding skills are up to snuff long before you get anywhere near that GSXR!
 

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
3,018
Reaction score
75
Location
Texas
welcome! Glad you're here -- stay cool! I don't envy any of our Texas welders this summer. Austin has already had something around 7 days above 100 degrees!
 

flamed181

New member
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
memphis
nice to see some one else doing the same thing as me I plan on building a reverse trike with a Honda 1500
 

Sentrek

New member
Messages
320
Reaction score
0
Location
Carrollton, TX.
Yeah, I don't envy anyone with any sort of plant or outdoor job in tx. I have to go out in our shop all the time and it is hotter than nine kinds of hell out there. I'm glad I went to trade school and got an office job.. Heehee.
I tried to get started on my cart twice now but first time someone jacked the wheels of my wife's truck and second time... Well as stated above my car blew a piston. Anyway, I need to get some tubing and get started layin out the frame work. I haven't decided on square or round yet. I'm kinda leaning towards round so I can get a pipe bender and have minimum amount of welds to make, since I can bend the tubing instead of mitering and welding.
Thanks guys.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top