Hey from Sunny....Naht -Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott_shot

Reaction score
Hi everyone, from all over the shop,

Must say After couple weeks of surfing in my spare time DIYGK keeps pulin me back for the wealth of info stored here:D
IMO this has to be the best of its type out there on the vast, web Love the site :thumbsup: ........

but enough brown-nosing

As said im from Scotland 23 and fInally committed to completing another one of my "gonna do this" ideas ive talked about for years now :eek: and cant think of anywhere better to share my blood sweat and tears than DIYGK.

when a wee guy and in my teens was a bit of speed freak but sadly this has worn off and when i think about it :mad2:, Not good.

So im FINALLY going to build me a kaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrtttttt!!!!!! :bannana:
Lol bit excited but im not rushing into it as hae a tendency to do.
Only thing i know for sure atm is i want(NEED:arf:) a 60 mph+ top speed nimble road kart, Hydrulic brakes, and white wheels LOL :drool5:

Anyway i dont know whats with me but i have gone on n on a bit for an intro lol. So will now save it for when i get a official start i suppose. Looking forward to becoming a fairly Active part of your comunity here :D

Oh and anyone else Scottish here, geez a shout mukka LOL

See yazzzz :cornut:

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have an interesting kart in mind. The only thing that I would hesitate about is going 60MPH. Without serious fabrication skills and a really well engineered kart, it will be a death trap if you ever reach those speeds.

scott_shot

Reaction score
Cheers all for replies all Cant wait too get started and see what yall think. :auto:

landuse Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have an interesting kart in mind. The only thing that I would hesitate about is going 60MPH. Without serious fabrication skills and a really well engineered kart, it will be a death trap if you ever reach those speeds.

Thanks for input, very priceless. I did imagine that it was almost pushing it for first kart :surrender: Although i do have a good few friends and family who can do deeds such as the final welding possible engine issues etc.Also im giving myslelf 6 months to create a monster :stir::auto:

All the previous experience i have in engineering projects are things like solar panels, wind turbines, skateboard ramps, cant think of any more but always solve the problem.

Now finally :wai:Mechanical :cheers2:

so hope i can post pics etc up soon. first off me thinks is to source a good engine, So pics/post will be up asap:thumbsup:

jamyers

Reaction score
Welcome to the Insanity!

Speaking of insane, note that 30mph with your butt inches above ground is INSANELY faster than 60mph in a car... :D

Cheers! :cheers2:

scott_shot

Reaction score
Welcome to the Insanity!

Speaking of insane, note that 30mph with your butt inches above ground is INSANELY faster than 60mph in a car... :D

Cheers! :cheers2:

:iagree: so 60 :roflol: is more than slightly :eek:ut: but all advise given is being taken on board.:thumbsup:

So probably be slowing up on me madness and her potential top speed :roflol:

Status
Not open for further replies.