sewermonster85
sewermonster85
New to the forum.Just bought my first go karts.One is complete ,just needs a new motor,the one that's on there now is a 5hp tecumseh, I want to dial it down to a 3hp but she's good to go.Now my second is an old manco dingo.Its a total rebuild as it sat for years outside neglected and mistreated.Now I recently purchased new rims and tires for the front,and rear.Fronts are,15x6oox6 and rears are 22x11x8.real big guys on the back with 4 hole bolt on rims,torque vonverter belt and sprocket chain dual rear wheel drive.It had an 8hp briggs and stratton motor on her that would not run.So I drained the oil ,put in fresh oil,new plug,cleaned out the carb,changed the gas line and after a few pulls she fired up.but dies out after a while.idles to high and just can't get her right.Bought a new carb same thing ,spent hours to try to get her right and it's a no go.So my question is this will a 6.5 212cc predator engine be enogh to get her rolling.Motors 115 bucks on sale plus I got a 25 dollar off coupon.I know the shaft is smaller than the briggs I have so I'd have to change the clutch or torque converter to accommodate the new set up.any advice would br greatly appreciated.
