Here is a simple (FREE) build for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-man

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Nodroz

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't know the real T-Man from Youtube is on this forum aswell! Seems like you've been here for a while already. Lool, I haven't noticed you yet.

I'm a big fan of you. Keep up the good work dude!

T-man

Reaction score
ya guys, been way bussy. As most of you know there have been alot of changes going on with YT. I have been trying to stay ahead of it and trying to figure out how to utilize it. But I have been finding out that there are things that use to be in our controle are not any more, Its real iritating and discouraging.
One of the things I wanted to do by this time was redo the free go kart plans on this site for Robert ( he asked me about it last year ). I was hoping to have them done by sep. but then all this " audiance retention " crap was added to YT so I started studding my views hardcore to see how I could utilise it.
I have to get more active on here and the CLTC site also. I have wondered away from my roots. :)

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Hey- Good stuff.

If DIY-ing my own service cart, I would include a small 2-3" diameter hole in it somewhere. 1) Cleaning up- Chips, slag, filings- swept through the hole and into a tray held below is a lot easier than off the side where there is likely to be a raised edge. 2) Oil changes- again, a pan underneath- and a lot safer than balancing an engine on the edge. 3)Servicing a vertical shaft engine or (like I discovered recently) a Peerless 700 or other tranny is a lot safer and saner with a place for the shaft to protrude through rather than blocking the unit up.

I have a plastic service cart with a hole, and I couldn't live without it.

Keep up the good work!

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Hey- Good stuff.

If DIY-ing my own service cart, I would include a small 2-3" diameter hole in it somewhere. 1) Cleaning up- Chips, slag, filings- swept through the hole and into a tray held below is a lot easier than off the side where there is likely to be a raised edge. 2) Oil changes- again, a pan underneath- and a lot safer than balancing an engine on the edge. 3)Servicing a vertical shaft engine or (like I discovered recently) a Peerless 700 or other tranny is a lot safer and saner with a place for the shaft to protrude through rather than blocking the unit up.

I have a plastic service cart with a hole, and I couldn't live without it.

Keep up the good work!

mckutzy

Reaction score
I built this service table once at my old job and then used it at the next employer. It was a table that was flat, instead of having a dip or a grate on the table for the draining, it had a formed little gutter around the perimeter. it had a drain pipe fitting in one corner at the set lowest side. that connected to a hose into a bucket underneath on a shelf. Pretty
simple, it allowed the parts or whatever to slide off easily with out having a lip.

I used it for doing servicing for wast water/sanitary pumps, as they are oil cooled and contain several liters of dirty smelly oil.
I however do not have any pics sadly, as Iam proud of that table as it was my first tig welding job and the boss's were happy for my work.

T-man

Reaction score
thanks landuse, Im out in the shop now taking my engine apart, WOW was my oil grey. The seal on the shaft was bad, so I had to take the whole side off. Im doing a video on it also. try to post it up today.

fowler

Reaction score
Don't forget to mention on the vid why the lip seal must go in one way
Otherwise people may stick it on any way round
Also the rule apples to all oil seals

Status
Not open for further replies.