Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
alrite....maby simple for you guys,,but i just bought this gokart, rite and it has no motor..but i already have another motor..i was thinking that if i were to start it( with gear on shaft and sproket but no clutch)if it would just tae off. my question is...can anyone help me with an idead of an assembly..or wut i need to do to make it work properly.

Jblankster

Reaction score
you NEED a clutch. or you would have to push the kart untill it started and he takes off in it, dangerous. but possible.

or if you had a big hill, roll it down and itll start. stopping is the only problem. you better have good brakes.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
umm

can you show me a picture or tell me what i need to connect the motor to the sproket...:confused:

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
do you mean a clutch?

Jblankster

Reaction score
yes, to get power from the motor to kart you need in this order, motor (obviously), clutch, chain, sproket (on axel/wheel)

Burning Rubber

Reaction score
If u really don't wanna use a clutch u can try these things:

Push start it until it fires then jump on

start it with a pull starter with the back wheels off the ground then try pushing it and drop the back wheels.

or
just by a centrifugal clutch!

tylersmd1

Reaction score
k

well my freind has a clutch.. two gear things and a sprocket..and runs two chains.......im sry i dont understand ...so just that clutch...and hook it up to the sproket and im good

Attachments

• jew 047.jpg
    jew 047.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 37

Jblankster

Reaction score
yes that should work. when you test it make sure some one is in it, theres a cut switch, and the rear tires are off the ground untill your ready then let it off the block onto the ground. do NOT rev the motor when there is no load on the wheels (when the kart is off the ground). you can sevearly hurt the motor.

after you figer out the clutch is all good after testing, you can jus start it n drive it, no need to put it on blocks to start.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
yes that should work. when you test it make sure some one is in it, theres a cut switch, and the rear tires are off the ground untill your ready then let it off the block onto the ground. do NOT rev the motor when there is no load on the wheels (when the kart is off the ground). you can sevearly hurt the motor.

after you figer out the clutch is all good after testing, you can jus start it n drive it, no need to put it on blocks to start.

unless you have it at WOT for 10 minutes straight the engine will be fine.

Burning Rubber

Reaction score
man, the clutch is directly connected to the engine via a shaft. then there is a sprocket on the other side of the clutch. u connect a chain to this then connect the other side of the chain to the drive axle. the clutch's that u use of Go-karts are usaully centrifugal ones which is like automatic with no gears.

Jblankster

Reaction score
unless you have it at WOT for 10 minutes straight the engine will be fine.

no, it wont be. ask any engine builder out there. you need to run them under load or they can rev up so high and break, or worse. even if you do it for .5 seconds, its good practice to NOT do it.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
I got a 3 horse and i reved to for a few second to clear it out because it been sitting for 6 months, let it warm up at idle first but it was fine, but yeah yo can wreck em if held open too lond end up throwing a rod, at that point it cheaper to get a new engine.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
now that weve got that settled

i need to hook up a throttle cable to the gas pedal...all the way to the throttle....it wont work unless there is some kinda mount..if you dont understand what im talking about,,ill send some pics.. what im tryin to say is that i need someone to help me set up the throttle...??? sry guys this is my first time building a gokart...

Attachments

• jew 052.jpg
    jew 052.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 18
  • jew 053.jpg
    jew 053.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 30

tylersmd1

Reaction score
Clutch???

can someone find a site for a good..reliable..cheap clutch.30-40$$$..size 3/4.

Attachments

• jew 061.jpg
    jew 061.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.