Help with wheel/hub ID

rowblue

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have what looks like it could be a home built kart with three bolt hubs on the back. It is a double flange hub setup with just a single drive wheel. The issue is, right now it only has the paddle style brakes that press on the tires - I would like to upgrade to at least a drum brake. BUT the bolt pattern appears to be 3 bolt with 2-5/8 center to center, which is around 3" bolt circle (my drawing/math has it at 3.031" circle). I'm having a hard time finding drums with this bolt pattern. Anyone have any info? Am I better off making a hub with the wheel bolt pattern on one side and a more common on the other? Scrap the rear wheels and buy new with something more common? Any advice would be helpful.
 

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Messages
2,899
Reaction score
968
Location
Jacksonville, Florida
Pictures would help. Personally, I would scrap everything but the tires themselves, and put in a live axle setup with a cheap hydraulic disc brake.
 

rowblue

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Photos - you can see the double flange hub plus another piece that mounts on the outside of the wheel and carries the outer bearing. In the first picture, the wheel mounts where I left the gap.
 
Top