Hello. I am new to this world and picked up a kart for $75 from craigslist. It has a solid rear axle and was in overall decent shape. All I have added is an engine and it runs well.
I bought a predator 212 and it mounts nicely onto the exiting mount.
My question is two fold.
1. My clutch does not line up with the sprocket unless it is aligned as it shows in the picture below. To keep it in place I could use a spacer but not sure about this. Thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
2. I am hearing this build towards my older son who is 7 and will be his first go kart. I have s 12t max torque clutch and a 60 tooth sprocket. Unlimited it runs at around 32mph with me on it. I would like to slow that significantly. Limiting the throttle slightly will help but not enough. What is the best way to gear down/change the gearing. I am fully intent that he will burn through a clutch learning. Lol
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought a predator 212 and it mounts nicely onto the exiting mount.
My question is two fold.
1. My clutch does not line up with the sprocket unless it is aligned as it shows in the picture below. To keep it in place I could use a spacer but not sure about this. Thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
2. I am hearing this build towards my older son who is 7 and will be his first go kart. I have s 12t max torque clutch and a 60 tooth sprocket. Unlimited it runs at around 32mph with me on it. I would like to slow that significantly. Limiting the throttle slightly will help but not enough. What is the best way to gear down/change the gearing. I am fully intent that he will burn through a clutch learning. Lol
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk