help with rear brake caliper

Status
Not open for further replies.

scatteredsun

Reaction score
Anyone got a good guide on attaching this rear brake caliper? I got the kart with it hanging off the back and no hardware. Not entirely sure how to mount it to the bracket. Am I better off just buying a new rear caliper?

Attachments

• 20180518_172438_resized.jpg
    20180518_172438_resized.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180518_172509_resized.jpg
    20180518_172509_resized.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180518_172609_resized.jpg
    20180518_172609_resized.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 8

scatteredsun

Reaction score
I found the crossfire 150r service manual and it didn't really have good instructions AND the caliper in the picture is different than what I have.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I'd place the caliper over the rotor and move the caliper along the edge of the rotor until the mounting holes on the rotor match up with the mounting holes on the caliper mounting bracket. Then insert bolts.

How is the bracket attached? It looks like a bunch of socket adapters or something.
It is possible the attempted bracket was a failure???? Hence the brake hanging?

scatteredsun

Reaction score
Hm, possible. The bracket support looks like the standard tomberlin welded on bracket support. I'll try to get a picture today.

The only thing I see for mounting holes on the caliper is that big bolt in the middle of the arm system and the ring to the right of it in the third picture. The bracket only has the one hole on the end (pic 1)

I'd love to find a parts diagram for the caliper. I'll keep looking.

I'll poke at it later. Had to take a break from the kart the last couple days.

scatteredsun

Reaction score
ok I give up.

It seems this caliper has the hydraulic system as well as an emergency mechanical line. Can I get any old hydraulic rear caliper and connect it? How about mechanical disc brake caliper?

I don't want to replace the whole system because the master cylinder is working fine with the front brakes.

What's a good one rated for a heavy offroad kart?

Status
Not open for further replies.