• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Help with my stereo amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
What did you use for magnets? Neodymium? Did you make your own baskets? Man thats just some nice work... what gauge wire did you use? i was thinking somewhere between 36-38 would be good, but im not sure.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Ohhh, man i thought you were like superman, still nice box though. Haha **** i was gonna say, those looked professional.

Have you ever tried making speakers though? Its pretty fun, especially if you get them to sound decent.

I actually found some decent deals on 38 gauge enameled wire.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1000-ft-AWG-38-...s=65:15|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:2|294:50
And i have neodymium magnets from computer hard drives.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
I got bored, and got messin with some old computer parts. took apart the hard drive and stole the two neodymium magnets, then i took apart the floppy drive and unwound quite a bit of 38-40 gauge enameled wire from the motors armature. I whipped a speaker up in half an hour, its not very loud and cant handle much power, but i also didnt put much time into it. Its only got a 3 ohm resistance so thats one reason, i should have kept going and gotten it to 8 but oh well.

Couldnt make a very good cone, so it came out looking funny, but man this thing really shakes if you turn up the bass.

Neodymium magnets, there really strong. Its hard to tell but the coil is a bit melted haha.

Rotore

Teh SPIK
Reaction score
I got bored, and got messin with some old computer parts. took apart the hard drive and stole the two neodymium magnets, then i took apart the floppy drive and unwound quite a bit of 38-40 gauge enameled wire from the motors armature. I whipped a speaker up in half an hour, its not very loud and cant handle much power, but i also didnt put much time into it. Its only got a 3 ohm resistance so thats one reason, i should have kept going and gotten it to 8 but oh well.

Couldnt make a very good cone, so it came out looking funny, but man this thing really shakes if you turn up the bass.

Neodymium magnets, there really strong. Its hard to tell but the coil is a bit melted haha.

dude thats is some creative ****. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.