Help with gas line on Predator 212

asoleary

Reaction score
Predator 212. Trying to put an Predator 212 Carburetor VM22 Mikuni Carb. On the new carb… The bottom has a nipple where a hose goes. But where does that hose attach to? Does it just sit there for air or gas leaks? Does it not go to any other nipple? (Easiest way to explain it). I also have the gas line coming out of that tank along with a top nipple that use to have a hose attached to it. Where does that actually go?

Master Hack

Reaction score
The fuel line from the tank usually goes to the middle/upper part of the carb.
it would also be larger. Smaller hoses on the bottom are usually atsmopheric vents. Those are designed to occasionaly leak raw fuel onto the lower parts of the vehicle and create a fire hazard.

asoleary

Reaction score
The fuel line from the tank usually goes to the middle/upper part of the carb.
it would also be larger. Smaller hoses on the bottom are usually atsmopheric vents. Those are designed to occasionaly leak raw fuel onto the lower parts of the vehicle and create a fire hazard.
So I have the gas line from the tank going to the top of the carb. There is another line that comes off my gas tank. It’s in top. With the new carb where the heck would that go? I assume it’s air for the gas tank to breath but it has to go somewhere. Maybe I should up load some pics

asoleary

Reaction score
Thanks. I did that. Everything is put together but it won’t crank. It’s like it’s not pulling gas. I can see it because it’s a clear gas tub. I unplugged it from the carb and gas flows. When I put it in and tried to crank gas doesn’t move

Master Hack

Reaction score
Well, now l’m confused.
you say it wont crank. What does that mean?
It wont turn over or it wont start?
Two seperate issues.
A carb does not “pull gas”. It would be gravity flow. Mikuinis generally have a plug on the bottom of the bowl. Take the plug out and see if fuel flows. If not your needle/seat has a problem or something is plugged or pinched.
The first thing l should have asked is:
Is this a genuine Mikuini or an ebay/amazon
“Mikuini style”?
Mikuini style is secret code for chinese crap.
If it is the latter cut your losses, throw it away and get the real deal.

Last edited:

asoleary

Reaction score
This is what I got.

YOXUFA VM22 Mikuni Predator 212cc Performance Carburetor Header Exhaust Stage 2 Kit​

Looks like it’s not the real one? That’s the description. It won’t crank is the issue

Master Hack

Reaction score
I don't know. Where did you get it?
So, Won't crank means it won't turn over. That has nothing to do with the carburator. Electric start? if it won't "crank" dead battery or other electrical issue.

Master Hack

Reaction score
I dont have time to play fifty questions with you.
We/l need real info in order to help.
Start with telling us what you have, what you did to it and where you bought the stuff.
Then describe the symptoms in detail.
Pics are helpful.
Won’t crank? What happens?
The rope is stuck? The engine is siezed up?
The rope pulls freely?
We’re just guessing here. Gather some DETAILED info about all this and get back to us.

asoleary

Reaction score
I got it! Definitely an aftermarket one but it seems to be running smooth. Seems like it got flooded. Just kept cranking. Finally started

Master Hack

Reaction score
Ok, you have it! Thats the important part. Just FYI using the correct terms are helpful. Won't crank is a whole different problem from won't start.
I believe you had a won't start situation. Fixing stuff over the internet is difficult, and real detailed info is required. We're not mind readers and can't actually see/hear what you have going on. Well, Denny can....
Congratulations, you figured it out! Figgering s**t out is a big part of this hobby/addiction.

panchothedog

Reaction score
asoleary. Master Hack has been more than patient with your poor discription of your problem. Won't crank, means the starter motor won't turn the gasoline engine over. Like your common automobile when you turn the key. From the little since your post make, it sounds like your engine won't START when you pull on the rope. If that is the case, say so. It's almost like you speak a different language. Frustrating.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Ok, you have it! Thats the important part. Just FYI using the correct terms are helpful. Won't crank is a whole different problem from won't start.
I believe you had a won't start situation. Fixing stuff over the internet is difficult, and real detailed info is required. We're not mind readers and can't actually see/hear what you have going on. Well, Denny can....
Congratulations, you figured it out! Figgering s**t out is a big part of this hobby/addiction.
Naw, it’s just that I understand idiots and their form of verbal communications. Sometimes.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
He got it running but we don't know exactly what was wrong... and neither does he! 😂
What a let down and an anticlimactic thread.

In true grease monkey + mechanic terminology:
"Won't crank" = usually pertains to a vehicle with an electric starter. We say it "won't crank" when we twist the key or mash the button and nothing happens. Usually means the engine isn't moving or doing anything. If it's a manual starter that's big trouble, either the pull starter is broken or the engine is stuck/frozen or something like that, but you're unable to turn over the engine.

"It’s an pull crank 212 predator. Just won’t turn over (crank). Spark plug???"
"Pull crank" = pull starter
"Just won't turn over (crank)" = It was turning over and cranking but it wouldn't fire, start and run

He's got the vocabulary but he doesn't know how to use it. Possibly due to the fact that words and slang are very regional and certain words mean different things depending on where you are.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Won't crank and won't start are two completly different problems, which all of us here understand. I'm sorry but I don't buy into the regional slang explanation.
Master Hack tried for 2 or 3 post to lead him in the right direction. Didn't seem like he was even trying to catch on. I'm not ragging on the kid for trying to hop up his engine. Hot Rodding in every form , from ( go karts to top fuel and Indy car ) need all the younger participants we can muster up. Maybe I'm just showing my age and frustration. Seems like most people trying to hop up a engine, and that live on planet earth, and speak English are better able to articulate their problem.
Very glad to hear he got it solved. Over and Out.