Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneylamar

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Borger,Texas
First off I don't know if my torque converter is set up right as far as which way my driven faces. When I put my cart on blocks seems like everything works correctly but when I put on ground cart won't move. Please help anyone that can. Cause even furthermore I need help with my throttle/governor setup. I have pics of everything and sorry so long guys.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,797
Reaction score
594
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
We are going to need those pics of everything. Post them here in this thread for us to see if it is on properly.

Also, give us the tooth counts on the axle and TC sprockets, as well as your rear tyre diameter. What is the weight of the kart and rider?
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
and with the pics, please post:
weight of kart with you in (approx is good)
tyre size (rears!)
toothcount axle sprocket (TC sprocket would be nice)
engine horsepower (model would be nice)


let me exaggerate;
I think you're trying to push a 600 lbs kart on 22" wheels with a 6.5hp engine and it's geared to reach 65mph...

why?
because we have that a lot these days ;)


'sid
 

moneylamar

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Borger,Texas
whoa

Ok men give me a Lil bit and I'll get all that info but I do have the pics already.I'll wait till I get info before I post em
 

moneylamar

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Borger,Texas
Ok men got pics posted if more needed let me know. Now for the info requested. There are 60 teeth on Jack shaft 10 on smaller on in line with Jack shaft. My driven pulley is 7 and a half. Tire size 18*11-8. Weight not positive about 150-200lbs. And engine is a 420cc predator
 

Attachments

  • 20150708_200837.jpg
    20150708_200837.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20150708_201014.jpg
    20150708_201014.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1436535057470.jpg
    1436535057470.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150708_201031.jpg
    20150708_201031.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 12

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,797
Reaction score
594
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
With a 420cc, that gearing should work. Maybe someone will chime in regarding the TC setup. It look like a 40 series, and i know that the driven has to go a certain way
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
Nice...

Hopefully that is a series 40 driven unit in which case it's mounted the wrong way around (with a red spring it has to be mounted pointing inboard)
that would match the 7.5" diameter luckily
otherwise it'd be a series30 which basically means you must buy a new one (unlikely)

Sooo, turn around the driven clutch, or install the yellow spring (a bit more work to do)

then everything should work nicely.

Don't try anymore before flipping the driven clutch, otherwise you might bend your jackshaft.

'sid
 

moneylamar

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Borger,Texas
Ok thank you guys so much.I really do appreciate the info. I don't know if I can flip the driven due to not enough room. How difficult is it to change the spring? If anyone knows please let me know.and thanks in advance.
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
hm it takes up the same space, no matter what way around, so I think you talk about lining it up with the driver...

The spring change isn't too difficult at all;
remove the driven from the shaft, remove the snap ring (careful spring loaded cam)
so hold it in place!

Carefully remove the cam (it will unwind the spring remember rotation)
install the new spring and wind it in the opposite direction!
(and in case you wonder, no you cannot simply load the red spring the other way around ;))
just into the next valley.
reinstall snap ring, and you're done.

BUT
outboard mounted series 40 are tricky to line up with the driver..
I know no ideal way to do it to be honest..
best thing I can think of would be a slightly (one belt width) floating driven.
And that means you'd need a longer jackshaft again :(

'sid
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top