Help,My go kart bogs down at full throttle!

crahim508

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello, go karters, I'm new to the forum, I just joined a few minutes ago.
I'm having a bit of trouble with my predator 212, when I start it up it runs just fine, idles fantastically but when I hit the gas pedal it speeds up to about 10 mph then stops gaining speed and if I let off the gas after that, it slows it down quite quickly then returns to idle, if I do it again the same thing happens. Please help, I love working on go karts and motorbikes but am not too good at the interior of the engines. Help! Thank you
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Hello and welcome.

What is the rear tire size(OD not the side wall) and what is the gear ratio( tooth count of each sprocket clutch and rear)???

Pics of machine??
 

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Messages
275
Reaction score
21
Location
Southern California
It could have fuel starvation or your carb is junk

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

or maybe it is running too lean or fat (the air to gas ratio is off)
 

crahim508

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thankyou, but I have figured it out.

It has a 30 series TC and the drive clutch went bad and so I replaced the driver clutch and put a new belt on then went for a ride and everything was working perfect but then all of a sudden the speed dropped and then would never again passed 10mph at full throttle.
So I thought it was an engine problem and came on here looking for answers but then I realized the problem started after I put on the new clutch and belt. So then i put the old ones back on and it worked how it did bf i replaced anything...not so good because the clutch is bad and it drives itself and when you come to a stop dies, but nonetheless it showed me that it was not an engine problem.
And then I realized that with the new clutch and belt, the belt was not going in fully (all the way down) into between the driven pulley, and seemed to be to wide for it so then my friend told me just ride it like that and let it wear the belt down by rubbing and it'll eventually go down in there and speed up....then it chewed up the belt and destroyed it completely.
Any ideas on what to do about the belt issue, I know I have the right one tho it's a 203589/5959 for a 30 series tc.
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Ok.... lets start with what I had asked earlier...

What is the rear tire size(OD not the side wall) and what is the gear ratio( tooth count of each sprocket clutch and rear)???

Pics of machine??
 
Top