Help me with an engine that MAY work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumofo

Reaction score
I am thinking of building a go-kart from scratch and I thought you guys could help. I have a pressure washer engine (Briggs and Stratton 6.5hp--looks to be horizontal) that i believe may work for a go-kart. Since it is horizonal I believe it may work w/o having to modify it like a lawnmower engine?? ALSO, I am looking into purchasing a welder that I could use in my garage. I want something that is somewhat mobile but yet does all my hobbies auto,go-karting/sheet metaling etc. etc.. Also, I am inexperienced with welding so I think the go-kart project will be a good starter project. Any suggestions will be appreciated!! :confused:

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
well harborfrieght has a 90 amp flux wire welder for aroud $150 and it works great
i've welded plenty of metal from 1/8" to 1/4"
alot of people have them on this website but another one is the lincoln 225 stick welder wich are sold just about anywhere there is a hic :) just look at craigslist and you should be able to find one for between $100-$150 and those can weld just about anything

Kumofo

Reaction score
I don't understand what your saying, "horizontal shaft 4 stroke vertical shaft." I am asking if the 6.5 hp pressure washer engine I have will work? since others have talked about lawnmower engines not working because of modifications to make them horizontal. I just thought the pressure washer engine would work since it already had a horizontal shaft.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yeah, a horizontal shaft would be great assuming it doesn't have some sort of taper on it. If it's straight and maybe has a keyway, that would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.