help identify this go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanhop3461

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Anyone have any ideas what type of go kart this is? I've tried doing some research with no luck.
 

Attachments

  • 20190609_064326.jpg
    20190609_064326.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190609_064316.jpg
    20190609_064316.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190609_064306.jpg
    20190609_064306.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 21

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,191
Reaction score
4,165
I think it's a Kartco kart, model #605ST.

Like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGeLEJ3rleE

A good hint is the cast aluminum pedals which were a Kartco design.
I don't know of any manuals available, but this would seem to be one that I don't see very often. Parts are very generic and interchangeable among karts like these.

Plus, it's American made


EDIT==> But I'll be doggone if that's not a very popular frame configuration among many go kart manufacturers. A lot of copycattin' and plagiarizing going on back in the day.
 

ryanhop3461

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
That's it. Kartco. Thanks a lot for the help everyone, now to find a Manual.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Turns out it's a Kartco 675st (I believe) because it has a live axel, unlike the 605ST with a dead axle.
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,191
Reaction score
4,165
That's it. Kartco. Thanks a lot for the help everyone, now to find a Manual....

...Turns out it's a Kartco 675st (I believe) because it has a live axel, unlike the 605ST with a dead axle.

Oh, okay. Only you know exactly what you have. Some kart brands like yours have a live axle but it runs inside a tube that's supported by bearings on both ends but looks like a 'one-wheel-peel' because the axle is not exposed. Very confusing just going off photos.

Looks like that's exactly what you have. :thumbsup:

If you just have to have a manual, that's your business but you won't NEED it to repair it or service it. It will use relatively common parts plus they're just so simplistic.
 

ryanhop3461

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I pounded out the axel due to it being bent and it was supported by bearings, they aren't a very common size but was able to find some. 3/4ID x 1-7/8 OD. What about the drive shaft and tie rods I haven't been able to find an exact match, any ideas?
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,191
Reaction score
4,165
3/4" diameter axles are common. Is yours 3/4" the entire length or is there a step-down (more narrow) on the ends?

I don't know the diameter or thread size of your tie rods and ends but I think it might be 5/16 x 24? Tons and tons of sources for those parts.

You know where to look, right?
https://www.bmikarts.com/Go-Kart-Steering-Tie-Rods....direct link
https://www.gopowersports.com/ ....10% discount code: DIYGOKARTS
Ebay
https://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini.html

I'm a fan of MFG Supply. They have flat rate shipping. Order as much as you like and they only charge you $8.95 (or something). At least they did the last time I checked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top