Helmet pics. Post 'em up

Status
Not open for further replies.

panel

Newbie :)
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thought I's start a helmet thread. What is everyone using? Bicycle,motorcycle? Is it color matched? Skull cap,batting helmet?

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
Simpson racing helmet. You can't build a crap if you crash without a helmet.

porsche930dude

Reaction score
yea i never wear one riding my karts or minis. like my freind says "When you see Bryan wearing a helmet you know hes about to do something really crazy" lol. But i just cruise around the woods not flat out across a field or concrete or anything. But for the sake of the thread heres my helmet i wear on my scooter only because its illegal not too. Im sure it wouldnt do a whole lot if i got creamed by a pickup truck since its from 1966 lol I usto have the visor but it was plastic and my brother tried cleaning it with carb spray. I think it got thrown out cus i cant find it

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
I can see why a lot of people don't wear them on karts and minibikes, karts you'd have to be pretty unlucky (or have a death wish) to crash in a way where a helmet would help. Minibikes are slow and light enough for most stacks to be incredibly minor.

More than anything, people just like to be seen as the tough guy/risk taker by not wearing a helmet. Really, people just think you're a dickhead... Or a farmer. :D

Even on bigger stuff... I've clocked thousands of hours on quad bikes and never stacked, it's just a matter of not doing anything to risky. That said, I've done some VERY stupid things on the quads, been quite lucky a few times.

I still always wear a helmet though, there'l likely be a day when I do stack pretty bad and I'l sure as heck be glad I was wearing a helmet.

The trade off between slight inconvenience and potentially being alive/not vegetated is something I can live with. See what I did there.

I also find visors very useful, but I often ride in conditions others don't so that's not applicable to most.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
A container designed and constructed to facilitate the tidy collection and disposal of brain matter.

I spat out a bit of my coffee when I read that. Thanks

Here is a pic of my helmet. This is what I wear when riding all my toys AKA gokart, minibike and motorbike. I had to get off my butt and take this photo for you guys to see.

Attachments

• 20012012798.jpg
    20012012798.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 6

fowler

Reaction score
That said, I've done some VERY stupid things on the quads, been quite lucky a few times.

I also find visors very useful, but I often ride in conditions others don't so that's not applicable to most.

true that

farmers dont tend to wear helmets
iv never worn one on a quad bike
flipped it 3 times though :worried2:
gets too hot when most of the driving u are doing is on flat ground at 20kph following some sheep

although i always wear one when riding a horse
because u fall off them easier, they are alot higher up and u almost always land head or shoulder first

TeamCheap

Reaction score
This is my actual helmet (I dont really wear a hollowed out coconut), its just a cheap $150+ helmet but it fits me well.

I probably destroyed it by epoxying snap buttons on it so I could snap on clear or tented visors when riding the dualsport on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.