Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skoko

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Skoko and I'm making a go kart for a physics project. I figured I would join these forums just in case I came across any problems. I have under 100 dollar budget and I want to make the best kart I can!!!

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Cool, good luck to you skoko. What do you have to work with besides the 100 dollars? You might spend that fairly quickly.

Skoko

Reaction score
Haha yeh,

My metal was close to 100$....
So far we've almost got the frame done.

We've upped our price cap to 200$ hoping not to go over.
We're gonnna try using bike gears and reinforcing them, and were not buying a keyed shaft were just going to weld as much as we can. Hopefully we dont go over.

ctraugh

Lets Ride
Reaction score
Junk and scrap yards can be your best friend. Find one that allows people to walk around them and look. You would be surprised what you can find. You can get good gears from old rear engine lawn mowers, motorcycles, and stuff like that.

Good luck with your build and welcome to the forum.

Skoko

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having trouble with my engine,

Its almost exactly like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjzHqG1t7b8&feature=related

Just in slightly better condition.
For some reason the fuel is not getting to the spark plug, I took the carb off and tried cleaning it out a bit but there wasn't really anything in there. The only thing I couldn't seem to open to clean, or even understand were the two little pipes going down into the gas tank. Is there a way for those pipes to be cleaned out and, how do they work?

The engine works fine if I put fuel in the spark plug hole btw.

Also there is a wire that goes down to a small swivel bolt around where the oil goes in, is this used for anything>?

NMshifter

Reaction score
the longer one is your fuel pick up tube. the other is your return line. the pick up tube should have some sort of screening at the bottom to filter out any dirt or grim that you might pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.