Hello

TooBeaucoup

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just bought a used kart for my kids and now an stepping into the world of go kart modifications and such. I was searching online and stumbled upon this site. Looks like there is a lot of knowledge here and I'm glad to have found the community.

Cheers to all.

2BC

ETA: I'm in Corryton Tennessee near Knoxville.

Attachments

• IMG_20220926_100311.jpg
    IMG_20220926_100311.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220926_100322.jpg
    IMG_20220926_100322.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220926_100333.jpg
    IMG_20220926_100333.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220926_100355.jpg
    IMG_20220926_100355.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220926_100402.jpg
    IMG_20220926_100402.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220926_100416.jpg
    IMG_20220926_100416.jpg
    812.4 KB · Views: 6

TooBeaucoup

Reaction score
Thanks FlyFrog!

Yes, it's a Coleman ck100. It's pretty small. My kids are little so it's a good size kart for them. I'll post pics. It's been a lil bit Frankensteined with a 208 engine and the governer removed. It's honestly way too fast for them now so I'm planning to get a smaller engine and do what I can to slow it down. I got it from a rowdy young gent that liked to race karts so he did what he could to make it fast. Now I gotta reverse what he's done somehow lol.

2BC

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Just put a bigger axle sprocket on it to slow it down. Word of warning though, you will just end up speeding it up as their driving skills improve. And they will rather quickly. We put my 6 year old sister on my brother’s 5 hp MANCO Dingo. Within a couple of weeks she was sneaking out my 8hp Dingo when no was around. I was 21 at the time. She thought the 5hp was too slow for her and the 8hp which went 42 mph was more suited to her. She was a good driver and never wrecked it. Oh where are my manners WELCOME!!!

TooBeaucoup

Reaction score
Hi Denny. That's funny and I can imagine that's how it always goes, they discover the need for speed lol. My 8 year old drives it now but it is so fast he has to constantly feather the gas to maintain a slower speed. Way too wild as is for my 5 year old. That's why I need to slow it down. I'll try going the route you suggested, might be the easiest.

Thanks for the tip! 🍺🍺

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Just put a bigger axle sprocket on it to slow it down. Word of warning though, you will just end up speeding it up as their driving skills improve. And they will rather quickly. We put my 6 year old sister on my brother’s 5 hp MANCO Dingo. Within a couple of weeks she was sneaking out my 8hp Dingo when no was around. I was 21 at the time. She thought the 5hp was too slow for her and the 8hp which went 42 mph was more suited to her. She was a good driver and never wrecked it. Oh where are my manners WELCOME!!!
thats why you keep car keys away from kids, I thought my go kart was too slow then i started sneaking out the car up and down a country road, i was caught when the car was almost out of gas, never snuck the car again...

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Yea, I’ve been caught by the more power Denny thing a few times. My little sister, my ex girlfriends 4 daughters. It usually happens around 5-6 years old. Faster Denny, faster, we want more speed! Soon enough you’ll be hearing it too! A couple of words of advice. Take just one or 2 drops of oil and put it on the brass bushing in the center of the clutch. And oil the chain up real good before you tear up sprockets.

TooBeaucoup

Reaction score
Yea, I’ve been caught by the more power Denny thing a few times. My little sister, my ex girlfriends 4 daughters. It usually happens around 5-6 years old. Faster Denny, faster, we want more speed! Soon enough you’ll be hearing it too! A couple of words of advice. Take just one or 2 drops of oil and put it on the brass bushing in the center of the clutch. And oil the chain up real good before you tear up sprockets.

I think the clutch is actually going bad now. After driving for a bit the starts making a hissing noise then doesn't want to drive so I'll be dealing that out too. After I get a new one in I will make sure to do just that.

Thanks for the tips guys, glad I found this place!

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Too bad you can’t put a 30 series TAV II in there. It would last longer then the centrifugal clutches. But you would need to move the engine and the axle sprocket over to do that. Also is that a rubber hose on the exhaust? You need to remove that asap and put a regular muffler or header pipe on there.

TooBeaucoup

Reaction score
Too bad you can’t put a 30 series TAV II in there. It would last longer then the centrifugal clutches. But you would need to move the engine and the axle sprocket over to do that. Also is that a rubber hose on the exhaust? You need to remove that asap and put a regular muffler or header pipe on there.

Hah, That sounds cool but I'll settle for just slowing that beast down.

The exhaust is a metal pipe that the guy I got it from fabricated. It just looks like rubber in the photo but it's not.

TooBeaucoup

Reaction score
I've got a lot of work to do on this kart. In addition to the kart being too fast I think the clutch is on its way out and I also need to put a chain guard on it too.