Hello there!

schwim

Closet Nice Guy
Reaction score
Hi there, folks!

My potential future son-in-law and I were waxing nostalgic about our past days of fun with bikes, trikes and things with four wheels. As probably has happened with a lot of the members here, this led to an impulse purchase on Facebook of a fixer-upper that represented the end of someone else's "we should do this" journey and the beginning of ours.

It's what looks to be a solid chassis but the box of engine parts are a pretty sure sign of a failed lump and if the picture of the oil is any indication, it's going to be a complete rebuild due to buying a cart, running it without maintenance until it dies, taking it apart and parking it and the parts in the side yard until selling it a few years later.

It's a Tecumseh OHH60 which I'm reading up on. I haven't seen the box of parts myself yet though so I don't even know if enough parts are there to make it a viable rebuild candidate or whether we're better off buying a replacement engine.

Thank you all for the wealth of information and I look forward to learning a lot more with Google and the fine members of this board!

Take care!

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Tecumseh's aren't the most favorite engines around here. Their carbs are notoriously finicky. If it were me, I would buy a Harbour Freight 212cc Predator engine and just slap that on.

We could always just wait to see what is in the box though :D

schwim

Closet Nice Guy
Reaction score
We could always just wait to see what is in the box though :D

A belated thanks for the welcome :) The box didn't have as much engine as we had hoped and we have realized that we're better off buying a replacement engine. I've started a thread in the proper section seeking some help with what to get. We both look forward to getting it back to providing some fun rides in the woods!