Hello from Minnesota!

Seventy Won

Reaction score
As of last week I am now the proud owner of a rusty (and neglected) Ken-Bar go-kart. I restored my Dads old 3-wheeler a a few years ago and I plan on doing the same to the Ken-Bar.

I'm from the Winona area. Say 'hi' if you're in the area.....or if you got parts for an '82 Big Red. lol.

Attachments

• 101_0841.JPG
    101_0841.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 101_0842.JPG
    101_0842.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 100_0326.JPG
    100_0326.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 100_0327.JPG
    100_0327.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

Seventy Won

Reaction score
Incredible, isn't it? I talked to the guy who gave it to me today and was able to learn a bit more about its history.

Apparently a friend gave it to him for Small Engine class in High School. His friend told him; "I think all it needs is a carb". His friend was right....mostly. I replaced the starter cord, changed the plug, added a quart of oil and added a Chinese carburetor for $23.

For less than $30 I had it running.

I located a sticker on it indicating that it had been sold by a local shop. I hauled it over there and he explained that the Vanguard engine was assembled in Japan. Apparently the Japanese wanted a small engine but it had to be assembled in Japan or they wouldn't buy it.

It runs like new. No smoke. Doesn't overheat. Clutch is smooth. The starter works. The brakes were completely shot however.