Hello from a grandma (meme) trying to help teenage grandson

Meme Gail

Reaction score
Bought a Yerf Dog 3203...cranks and sounds great, idles well, but have a problem when you try to accelerate it doesn't...it just goes slow
Can anyone help me with this...

Contender54

Reaction score
We need more details. Can you describe the symptoms?

Does the engine rev up, but the vehicle speed remain the same? As if something is slipping.
or
Does the engine bog down when the accelerator is pressed? Does the engine sound like it is struggling?
or
Does the engine sound fine, but does not rev as high as it should?

Meme Gail

Reaction score
We need more details. Can you describe the symptoms?

Does the engine rev up, but the vehicle speed remain the same? As if something is slipping.
or
Does the engine bog down when the accelerator is pressed? Does the engine sound like it is struggling?
or
Does the engine sound fine, but does not rev as high as it should?

It was mainly the first thing you listed of the engine rev up, but would not speed up.

Thanks for the reply...problem solved...took the parts off of another yerfdog 3002 that has a broken frame...carb, fly wheel, and a new spring.
So he is now enjoying the kart. The older kart was his favorite, but the frame had broken so many times...that was the reason to buy the 3203. We listened to the 3203 run, before we bought it, it was missing a belt, which guy said had broken...I believe he had the same problem and since the engine sounded good...we got it for a good price, but it would have been nice if he had told us it had problems. I would have bought it anyway for the frame. Still searching for another...grandson can always use the practice of putting one together.