Hegar Sta-tru quick change sprocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremybentham

New member
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Location
Dutch Country
Can anyone tell me, with 100% certainty, which way this goes on the axle? I don't want it to spin off and get donked in my head piece by flying sprocket halves. I'm using a Briggs flatty. Any help would be mucho appreshed.

See pic.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3454.jpg
    100_3454.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_3453.jpg
    100_3453.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 20

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
A chain guard wouldn't be a bad addition. But as to the mount, I don't know. What's so special about it, aren't split sprockets about as easy as they come to change?
 

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
48
Location
Houston, Texas
The sprocket holder will have a directional arrow. Sometimes these things are very very difficult to remove and disassemble. Quick change is a misleading term.
 

jeremybentham

New member
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Location
Dutch Country
The left hand side unscrews from the hub so the sprockets can be quickly changed. It is regular thread.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3473.jpg
    100_3473.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 7

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
I always thought a bolt on hub with a split sprocket was quick change it's just 6 bolts.
 

jeremybentham

New member
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Location
Dutch Country
Blaz, I'll look for an arrow. It functions with ease.

Russ, this is a Craigslist score and I'm still putting it together.

redsox, 3 whacks with a chisel and a hammer, and it's off. It depends on your definition of quick.
 

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
That's quick! I never knew about those hubs. My idea of a quick change was a bolt on spilt sprocket.
 

bmracing

New member
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I have one but do not see a directional arrow for taking it off. does it come off clockwise or counterclockwise . also i do not see any type of set screw or locking device
 

jeremybentham

New member
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Location
Dutch Country
I have one but do not see a directional arrow for taking it off. does it come off clockwise or counterclockwise . also i do not see any type of set screw or locking device

It unscrews counter-clockwise. It is installed correctly in the pics. I scored a proper wrench for these off ebay. They pop up occasionally for ~$25.
I may have one of these hubs for sale if anybody is interested. A little rough, but fully functional. PM for info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top