Has anybody used one of these engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
I'm going to build another rail kart after I'm done with the current one. This one will break down to a back packable unit. For some tours that are not exactly going to make some people very happy ... I'll use an 8in tire and I want it to be very fast.. Looks to be about a 14 T sprocket .

Attachments

• shopping (2).jpg
    shopping (2).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 7

OzFab

Reaction score
That's a pocket bike engine, not very powerful (2-3hp) & not very fast; it may have a 14t output sprocket but, that's after the gear reduction...

Given those parameters, IMO, the best you can hope for is around 10mph...

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
I had an old 50 cc pocket bike. it got up to 35 mph, my motobicain moped would go 40 if I was tucked in. I am more interested in the shaft Rpm's to get the ratio... I think I'm going to have to go ask the horse on this one and find a pocket bike forum.. Sorry guys I'm a 2'er.

Last edited:

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
This next railrider I build is only going be 2 pcs. Of 4'8" and 2- 4'6" of square aluminium tubing and a piece of heavy canvas for a seat. I'm making it so I can back pack it into more remote areas.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
This next railrider I build is only going be 2 pcs. Of 4'8" and 2- 4'6" of square aluminium tubing and a piece of heavy canvas for a seat. I'm making it so I can back pack it into more remote areas.

I assume the HF tires, but still wont the Disc adaptors be heavy?

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I think the Aluminum would wear out.
Could you do something like how roller coasters use a second wheel to secure the kart to the track.
Like horizontal Razor scooter type wheel?
Just helping you brainstorm ideas here.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Something like this but simplified.
https://www.google.com/search?q=rol...ved=0ahUKEwjLnsyo5avQAhVIhlQKHTKHD4oQ_AUIBigB

mckutzy

Reaction score
It looks like he has a cent belt clutch, connected from the motor to a jackshaft, to power the clutch....
Interesting...

mckutzy

Reaction score
If its to be a light unit..... why not make it part of a bicycle... there is all sorts of units out there like these.... Add that to this...
One could get really crazy and go for a clone or big block....

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
That's sweet. Make a mountain bike style and have the arm pivot or remove and relocate parallel to the frame and you could pedal when not on the tracks. Or motor....

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Not sure those would make it For "Back packing"

And on the First, Who wants to pedal when we still have Fossil fuels to burn!

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
Looks like a great way to see a lot. Railrider why are some not going to be so happy? Is the bridge out!?

A few wash outs on the legal track.. I'm going to port the kart past them ...the other tours I want to take.. the tracks are very well maintained and used By trains.. Those are the ones that are going to be the unhappy campers.

Status
Not open for further replies.