Harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradenM

Etre Et Durer.
Reaction score
Do you have a rollcage? If not, you will be safer without a harness or seatbelt. If you do not have a rollcage, I would suggest a helmet, and safety clothes, by that I mean clothes that will give you some degree of protection in the case of an accident.

Braden.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
i will have a small roll bar.
i was thinking of buying some form of helmet and harness/ seatbelt, but they are really expensive!!!

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
A full face helmet is a must!!! Roll bar must go over your head and be able to withstand the force of the kart rolling at top speed without folding up.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
You would realy be suprised what can tip when it goes sideways at 30+ mph. I have seen racing karts roll several times before coming to a stop, most of the time the driver is lucky enough to walk away because he/she was thrown out.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
lol! yeah i do mean tube.
id probably add some support for the roll bar, if i did would less than 1" work?

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
You want this thing strong enough to keep you alive in a worst case scenario at 20mph over your predicted top speed. Look around at some pro designed karts with cages.

Last edited:

robin

Reaction score
ive has my street cart on 2 wheels i shat myself get you seat firs then roll cage then harness

i find my car will almost slide out befor it even comes near fliping

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
Pretty much every car will slide before it flips, VERY difficult to flip most cars unless you hit a curb or something, or you have some crappy 4x4 with suspension from the 50's (*cough*jeep*cough*)

I also think you should get the seat first before making the cage, that way you know exactly how much room you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.