Harbour freight predator on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanickel

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was on the Harbor Freight website last night and saw the Predator 212 (#69730) on sale for 119.99 with a coupon code for an additional $20 off. I went back to the website today and can't find the coupon code. Can anybody tell me if this is still on sale or does anyone have the code? Also can anybody tell me what the difference is between the Predator 212 number 69730 and number 60363?
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Hold on. Hellion posted that coupon here recently. Let me go search it out for you.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
I have this one.
Hellion has a better copy.
Anyway they should be able to scan that off your phone in store, or enter the 12085243 number online.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 14

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,199
Reaction score
4,174
In my neck of the woods, you can just tell them the coupon code while you're at the register. Write it on a piece of paper.
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,199
Reaction score
4,174
Here's the June coupon:
 

Attachments

  • Predator.jpg
    Predator.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 14

Mekanickel

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks all! Just to confirm, it's 60363 that I want? The Hemi? And are we talking Hemi as in hemispherical combustion chamber, fashioned after the big daddy of big blocks the 426ci forever king of Nascar? Like that Hemi??!!!
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,199
Reaction score
4,174
Truth be known, the non-Hemi is a semi Hemi. Get it? While the hemi Predator combustion chamber is more or less perfectly round, the standard Predator is more oval.

I've read that the hemi, since the valves are angled (they look cross-eyed), can have problems with a more aggressive or racing cam which gives more duration for valve opening. Supposedly there's issues with the valves colliding --> because the valve timing has some overlap, and bang! There goes your valves.
 

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Messages
9,646
Reaction score
1,859
Location
Chicago-town USA
Some people like the Non-Hemi head on the Hemi block.
I think you can mill more off the non-Hemi head before running into P2V clearance issues.
I think quench is better (what ever that means) with the non-Hemi.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
I think Grape ape just put a non hemi head on his Hemi. Just because that is what was free!
but a good experiment and he said it works!
Wait Maybe it was a Rod.:roflol: nevermind
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top