harbor freight 6.5 hp idle jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Reaction score
In other threads on this forum I've read about the removable idle jet on Honda and clone engines. I need to clean the one on my Harbor Freight Greyhound 6.5 engine, but it looks like a brass plug rather than a screw. Oddly enough, it looks like it may have threads on the sides, but there is no accommodation for a screwdriver. Can anybody tell me if this is removable?

rocketkart

Reaction score
on some of them i guess thay are pre set i have the same thing on my engine but on my other one it has the head you can use a 8mm wrench to remove it.

robbie

Reaction score
Have you ever cleaned the idle jet on yours? I was thinking I would have to remove the carb from the engine and stick a wire in the hole from the inside.

rocketkart

Reaction score
yeah i had to clean them but i had used my air hose off my air compressor and some brake cleaner i never had to remove them.

robbie

Reaction score
To be clear, you removed the carb from the engine, but didn't remove the idle jet from the carb? I wouldn't think it would be very easy to clean the idle jet with the carb still on the engine.

robbie

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check it out. This engine sat for a month or two during the hot season and left a bunch of gum in the jets. It ran like crap, so we cleaned out the main jet. Now it runs great, but it won't hold a decent idle. I have a small tip for my air hose that should do the trick.

rocketkart

Reaction score
the carb that was pre set i didn't remove the jet/can't remove the jet but the other carb i did remove the jet. sorry i was not trying to be smart. idk but if you can remove the jet thin you should remove it.

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
I didn't think you were being smart, it just made me laugh out loud as I read it :D

Sorry for the interruption, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.