• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Halloween Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
My neighborhood is "super safe" so kids flock to it on Halloween. Whats Halloween without a little tricking? Wore my welding shirt and mask and sat still until they got close. Kids say the darnedest things:roflol:

"Is it real?"
"Go touch it,". "No you touch it!"
"Throw something at it"

Then I jump out and scare the crap out of them. The best part is, their parents are standing at the street laughing their arses off:roflol:

Attachments

• P1030350 - Copy.jpg
    P1030350 - Copy.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 30

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
haha, i was still out getting my candy for half the night, and then the other half i was in a hounted house helping out, i wore all dark clothes and mask and everything and kids wouldnt see me, when i would pop out the corner theyd scream and leave without thier candy, chased some people around with a chainsaw, its lots of fun

Badot

Reaction score
I've actually been working at a haunted house type thing for the past month or so. I get paid $10/hr to chase people around with a chainsaw, it's great. Of course because it's a job I have to deal with people yelling at me, my paychecks being horrendously screwed up, the asshats that come in to try and start problems, and being horribly understaffed, but it's pretty nice as far as jobs go. I wish they kept running it year round :roflol:

T-man

Reaction score
walk around with a chain saw scarring people for $10 an hr that would be sooo fun. we simply dressed up .

Attachments

• IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1449.jpg
    IMG_1449.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1451.jpg
    IMG_1451.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
My halloween was postponed until November 10th lol.

Only sound you hear is snowblowers and chainsaws cutting up fallen trees everywhere! Never thought we were going to get over a foot of snow then heavy wind....

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Yeah, Blue- I just saw on the news that a lot of places are postponing halloween. Parts of New England, too, eh? wow.

I had some good laffs watching my kids get startled and spooked. One guy made them sing for their candy. They weren't sure what to to do about that, so I walked up from the curb and made them do it. Great laffs!

Devino- holy cow! I thought I was a skinny MoFo! I'm 5'10, 140lbs- you?

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Devino- holy cow! I thought I was a skinny MoFo! I'm 5'10, 140lbs- you?

6'1" or so and around 135 last time I checked. I dont even wanna know how much (or little) I bench press. Sticks for appendages, perfect blood pressure, low cholesterol, and I can eat whatever I want. It has its advantages.:D

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
No kidding...

I've got a longtime friend with stats like that, but he's got an excuse- an underactive thyroid. Skinny as a rail, and his hair grows very slowly. Never stopped me from teasing him, though!

You must have a rough time buying pants. I wear a 30 waist (actually 29) and a 34 inseam. If I go to Hellmart or other similar stores, I can get 30x32 or 32x34. Not 30x34. What a PITA! I often get stuck buying 30x32. They're not too bad standing up, but the moment I sit, the ankle cuffs go halfway to my freaking knees!

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
No kidding...

I've got a longtime friend with stats like that, but he's got an excuse- an underactive thyroid. Skinny as a rail, and his hair grows very slowly. Never stopped me from teasing him, though!

You must have a rough time buying pants. I wear a 30 waist (actually 29) and a 34 inseam. If I go to Hellmart or other similar stores, I can get 30x32 or 32x34. Not 30x34. What a PITA! I often get stuck buying 30x32. They're not too bad standing up, but the moment I sit, the ankle cuffs go halfway to my freaking knees!

Underactive? I was thinking, an underactive thyroid causes weight gain, but I may be wrong.

Not really. 32x32 with a belt. I never have a problem with my pants falling down; just the opposite cause my hips are the widest part of my body:roflol:

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
As I understand it (and I COULD have it backwards), the thyroid is responsible for growth. If it's underactive, you undergrow. If it's overactive, you end up doing Subway commercials.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
As I understand it (and I COULD have it backwards), the thyroid is responsible for growth. If it's underactive, you undergrow. If it's overactive, you end up doing Subway commercials.

From Wiki:

Hyperthyroidism, or overactive thyroid, is the overproduction of the thyroid hormones T3 and T4...It presents with symptoms such as a thyroid goiter, protruding eyes (exopthalmos), palpitations, excess sweating, diarrhea, weight loss, muscle weakness and unusual sensitivity to heat. The appetite is often increased.

Hypothyroidism is the underproduction of the thyroid hormones T3 and T4...symptoms are abnormal weight gain, tiredness, baldness, cold intolerance, and bradycardia.

IIRC, I have a slightly higher level of T3/T4. Of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.