gy6 carb on briggs 5hp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
8
Location
westland michigan
i seen a video on youtube where some guy just bolted up a gy6 carb to his briggs 5hp, he said it seemed that it had more power and was pretty much like a Chinese mikuni. now bmi has the mounting adaptor and carb for cheap in the clearance right now, any ideas? would this provide any hp gain?
 

the-cyborg

New member
Messages
476
Reaction score
6
Location
Spring, Texas
Yes it may work with the proper jetting, but good luck with that.
Whats good about Mikuni is you can walk into any motorcycle shop and by jets, replacement parts, and rebuild kits.
Try that with a gy6.
 

the-cyborg

New member
Messages
476
Reaction score
6
Location
Spring, Texas
There is nothing wrong with the carb you have, seemed to be working just fine from what I saw and heard, Your trying to make that old briggs into something that it is never going to be.
Just leave it stock and have fun on it.
I'll sell you the raptor I got from osso12, but it needs a rebuild, and If I rebuild it the price is going to double.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top