gy6 5 watt 5 ohm resistor

chance87

Reaction score
hey guys im trying to find some info on how to connect this resistor into the harness i believe its for the auto choke but it only has one wire thnx in advance

Attachments

• 20211010_210701.jpg
    20211010_210701.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20211010-225103_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211010-225103_Samsung Internet.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 11

Snaker

Reaction score
If your autochoke needs that resistor you would:
Mount it on a good frame ground, be sure to have clean/bare metal that is grounded.
You can include a wire/terminal to a better ground if in doubt, attach at the resistor mount bolt.
The wire should be connected to the ground side wire of the auto choke.

So: power to autochoke, autochoke to resistor wire, resistor mounted to a good ground.

chance87

Reaction score
Mount it on a good frame ground, be sure to have clean/bare metal that is grounded.
You can include a wire/terminal to a better ground if in doubt, attach at the resistor mount bolt.

So: power to autochoke, autochoke to resistor wire, resistor mounted to a

So: power to autochoke, autochoke to resistor wire, resistor mounted to a good ground.
so i do not need a different resistor with 2 wires then?
u say the one wire coming put of the resistor should go to the ground on the autochoke plug ? and then its grounded throught the frame as well ? what bout the wire that comes out if the harness for the autochoke do i remove it from connector or splice the 2 together

Snaker

Reaction score
If the autochoke is wired into a connector on the machine that goes to ground I have to wonder its already setup?

If your talking about a new autochoke that has the ground wire going into its own connector, then you cut the ground wire near the connector (leave room to resplice if necessary) and splice the autochoke ground wire to the resistor wire.

no ground between the autochoke and the resistor.

Snaker

Reaction score
If your setup is like this:

Autochoke on the lower right

power (yellow) to autochoke
autochoke ground (green) to resistor wire
Resistor physically mounted to "GOOD" ground