Gy6 150cc carb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC
I have a 30mm pumper carb on the gy6. I noticed that the black slide in the rear of the carb isn't traveling all the way up when I stab the gas. I've heard it's suppose to.

I put new pistons and rings in the engine and re did the timing but it only gets like half rpm's and half the power it should have. It's got full bolt ons to support the carb and the previous owner had this setup working.

I'm just wondering if its something stupid.

Thanks
 

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC
^^
It was doing this before I even tore down the engine and the timing is on. It runs smooth as butter through the rpm's it does pull and I've rechecked it since putting the engine back together. It's pretty easy on this engine to do the timing
 

kaymo

New member
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
hickory nc
ok first off, why are you running a 30mm carb on a 150cc gy6? unless you are pretty heavily built, that carb is overkill for a 150. second, the black thing is a vacuum actuated piece. the diaphram is covered by the gold colored top piece. a tear in that diaphram could cause your issue, or some other vacuum leak.

i would go find a stock 24 mm carb and try that before trying to take apart the 30mm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top