• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Gx430 generator Gremlins. Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
The race trailer has a Honda ex4500s. Gx430 engine. It has been acting up for a while and can't fix it when it fails due to being an intermittent no start. The generator parts works flawlessly.

I have the schematics.

Finally had time when it was failing to fire up. Started pulling all the extra safety device grounds. Oil sensor, overheat sensor....
Still no start.
Checked for spark and got none. Figured it's a bad coil.
Pulled the coil out and it has too many wires on it.

It has the spark plug wire. One small single wire that ran to the ground loop for kill.
Then there's 2 wires that have a plastic plug on the end that plug into something about 180° from the actual coil. About 5oclock on the flywheel.

This part is not on the schematics.

What is it?

I believe the charge coil wires come out a rubber grommet just above the oil sensor.

The wires in question are not that.

I look at replacement coils online and none have 4 wires just 2.

The kicker is I don't have pics, as it's in town. And I'm headed out the other direction. There's a race this weekend and dad's scrambling trying to get this figured out.

KartFab

Reaction score
Probably a UT2 coil. UT2 coil has a rev limiter in it so if the governor blows, it keeps it at somewhere in the 4k rpm range.

The coils you see online are UT1 coils, knock/off coils. Not sure about flywheel and coil combatibility, see NRracing for an explanation of the coil/flywheel compatibility. If you have a ut2 coil, it may only be compatibile with the flywheel used in the UT2 engines.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
I've been scouring the web and can't find much info.

Nr racing won't answer phone.

Ut2 is elusive. Seems to be an old and newer version, but I can't find anything on the older version which I think I have.
I can find what looks like the newer coils but the other sensor is a super secret. No parts or diagrams.

Another hint kartfab?

Status
Not open for further replies.