Gx390 torque converter mounting

Branderino

Torque Junkie
Reaction score
Just got a torque converter for my gx390 but the backing plate bolts are a different thread pitch than the motor. Can somebody tell me what bolts I need to get to mount the backing plate to the motor?

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
My experience with Predator motors has been that the supplied bolts never screw in real easy, maybe even feel wrong. I've just oiled the threads and put them in the way I use a tap, CW a little, CCW to clear threads, repeat, repeat, .......................

panchothedog

Reaction score
Earthy is correct on the bolt size, at least on the 212 cc predator. I have built two of them in the past year. Kinda strange how a Chinese motor with everything being metric uses SAE bolts there. BTW the end of the crankshaft is also the same.

karl

Reaction score
My experience with Predator motors has been that the supplied bolts never screw in real easy, maybe even feel wrong. I've just oiled the threads and put them in the way I use a tap, CW a little, CCW to clear threads, repeat, repeat, .......................
You mean supplied with the torque converter? Ive never seen bolts included in the box of a predator.
Ouch yeah sounds like ya jammed a M8x 1.25 fastener into a 5/16 fine thread hole. Would not recommend doing that.
If they do not thread in by hand something's wrong.

The crankshaft is 3/4in, and the mounting flange is a universal standard. So standard keyway, mount threads and crank bolt/threads.
A little counter intuitive , right?