gx200clone + TAV2 only 4700rpm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCProductions

Cockney Ragamuffin
Messages
496
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana, USA
Excellent detail in that article. It looks like the rods I was looking at wouldn't make too much difference since they were talking about 3.707" as opposed to 3.323". I definitely just want something bolt in, but even so I need to take into account those clearance issues.

I ran into a thread (http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7358) about lapping the block and head to run without a head gasket. That would increase compression and maybe I could get away with a longer rod or flat top piston.
 

M0t0rHead

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
hey everyone. I have a GX160 clone w/ reduction unit. I'm just wondering which oil is the best for the reduction unit (I've heard the same oil as the motor works fine). I saw a Valvoline ATV synthetic suitable for wet clutch use, but I'm not sure about it. and secondly, I found the dipstick on the R.U. really weird- it begins as a semi circle, and about 1.5 inches up it turns abruptly into a full circle. When I tried to measure the oil, there wasn't a clear marking on the dipstick. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
152
Location
Ontario, Canada
You may not have intended to, but you jacked somebody else's thread. I would suggest that you create a new thread in the "Engines and Clutches" section, posing your question.
Thank you.
 

DCProductions

Cockney Ragamuffin
Messages
496
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana, USA
I've got so many engine questions but I'm starting to pile them into another thread! I don't really want to repeat them, but I want other people's opinions too. What do I do!

I"M PANICKING!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top