Grinding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

New member
Messages
73
Reaction score
3
Location
West Michigan
I have cut off all the extraneous round bar that was welded on the kart for side and rear bumpers, front porch, etc. I used a cut-off wheel and I got pretty close cuts. Now I need to grind down the stubs and make it nice.

I have a 4" pneumatic and a 4.5" electric grinder. But do I use the stone discs I have or flexible ones? And what grit? This is all new to me and all I want to do is smooth it out so I can get good paint results.

Any advice will be appreciated.
 

JHen

New member
Messages
225
Reaction score
2
80 grit flap sanding wheel on your angle grinder will work good.
 

porsche930dude

New member
Messages
906
Reaction score
29
Location
Upstate, NY
yea your gonna haveto use the grinding wheel to get it down to nearly finished then use the sander to finish it smooth. If you go too far you can always use spot puddy to smooth things out
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top