Greetings

Scottydownunder

Reaction score
Hello from you guessed it, Australia. I've been into off road buggies all of my life and I stretched a fiberglass buggy to fit over an old 70's model VW chassis when I was around 20 years old. It was meant for the street so I had to stretch it to keep it road legal as we are not allowed to shorten the chassis in Australia without considerable Engineering Certs. So its undergoing it's second manifestation at the moment with a body removal and chassis clean up with a more tactical theme.
Another project is a kart that I bought as a non running built kart but it might of been the builders first experience with a welder so I have some work ahead of me. I'm sure he had the right intentions and it would work, but I just want to raise the bar a notch. The engine is a Suzuki 400F from the 80's but it's a bit long in the tooth. I've got a 250cc twin engine from a Hyosung I'll put in there for now. Its fuel injected and runs like new. I'm a motorcycle mechanic so I'm lucky to have a few engines sitting around. At the moment that kart has the engine over the rear axle and the whole lot is sprung. I want to weld a frame on the back and give it double wishbone suspension on the rear, and extend the wishbones on the front. The next project in line is a single seat spider buggy with wide double wishbone suspension and a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500cc twin that's running and ready.
Thanks very much for letting me join your forum and I hope to share some idea's and steal a couple too. :)
All the best,
Scotty.