Greetings from Switzerland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

holymachines

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Zurich / Switzerland
Hi Folks,
I just wanted to say hello. I think this forum is a great idea and I look forward to sharing some of my hands-on kart building experiences over the past two years. I have spent more than 12 years between Austin, TX and San Francisco but finally ended up back in Switzerland where I am originally from.
Two years ago I got back into my old hobbies: Building crazy machines. I am lucky to have a well equipped CNC workshop and I have put it to good use. My current project is an electric, fully suspended kart that can go off road. It has sports-car like acceleration on the road and handles - well, check it out for yourself. I hope it is politically correct to place a link to my own blog: www.holymachines.wordpress.com
I look forward to contributing to this forum.
Cheers!
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
I am lucky to have a well equipped CNC workshop

Ok, now I hate you :lolgoku:

No, seriously, obviously you've worked hard to get it but, there's gonna be a LOT of really jealous guys here; I have a mini lathe & they're jealous :lolgoku:

Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see more detailed pics of your creation...
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
what is this?
:lolgoku:
THE FUNNIEST try to upload code I've ever seen..
that isn't even valid code no binary, no hex .. no nothing!

lool, god dammit... I think I nearly peed myself

OMG... :roflol::roflol:
Bendover isn't only stupid as a squarefeet of brickwall he's also keen to let everyone know... dense!

'sid
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
I was a bit concerned whe you ended your post with "so long"; do you remember that song from "The sound of music"? "So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye" They all mean the same thing; I'm leaving!
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
I was a bit concerned whe you ended your post with "so long"; do you remember that song from "The sound of music"? "So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye" They all mean the same thing; I'm leaving!
Is that the same musical as
"Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome.." ?? :lolgoku:

Nevermind
Well if "so long" means the same as "auf Wiedersehen" then everything's good ;)
then it means "we'll meet again" (ah shabby translations..)
"see you soon" or even "I'll be back!" :D

No intention to leave permanently just a bigger interval as
AFK would suggest ;)

'sid
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Picky, picky, picky (how'd I know that would happen...) :lolgoku:

Fine, leave that one out then, the other three are all rather finite & don't suggest a return... :toetap05:
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
Fine, leave that one out then, the other three are all rather finite & don't suggest a return... :toetap05:

Well.. actually ....
both the cambridge and the oxford advanced learner's dictionary list goodbye in an example like this.
"goodbye! see you next week"
:horse:

:roflol:
'sid
 

holymachines

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Zurich / Switzerland
You guys make me smile! I hope you are as diligent when building something as in analyzing a new user's pos :)
Anyways, I am here again and plan to check this forum regularly. Btw: I have even added a few pics to my Album...
Cheers! (maybe that is a more appropriate way of saying by by...)
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Ah, that's better :thumbsup:

'sid & I are a bit analytical like that, you get used to it :lolgoku:

This place is loads of fun, we're always bustin' each others chops, all in good fun...
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Ah, that's better :thumbsup:

'sid & I are a bit analytical like that, you get used to it :lolgoku:

This place is loads of fun, we're always bustin' each others chops, all in good fun...

Am I loosing my mind? -( don't answer that-) but wasn't it you that started the pandemic thread- I'm not sure but here's a prime example:

"Sid and I are a bit analytical. ..." - so take "Sid" out- (you know you want to. ..) and what do you have?????? "I are a bit analytical"! Don't worry, we are holding a place in the deep south for your new home.

I reckon you'll fit in real good.....:lolgoku:

And holymachines- Yes these guys go beyond diligent with their builds as well. We just kill time busting each others chops. Great bunch of guys and the best forum ever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top