Greetings from New York City.

Zholla

Reaction score
First time poster. Greetings all. Retired disabled NYC street vendor here. I am on my fifth mobility scooter(Pride Victory 10 models). These things are not made to last, Time to build my own. Been looking at the QS 138 motors kits or one of its kin, two 300AH lead acid batteries and a fahrende bierkiste extended frame. Might go for lithium titanate for the safer chemistry of the lithiums but outside of that...the arthritis prevents a speedy exit in the case of thermal runaway. Will need help with all aspects of planning and build. Especially the frame that will allow a wheelbase similar to the mobility scooter I now drive. The elevators here prevent anything longer or wider from preventing the doors from closing not to mention the elevators in the subway and the access elevator on the MTA buses. . Cheers!

Zholla

Reaction score
Awesome! What did you sell (I'm praying it was hot dogs or something tasty to eat) ? ?
Comic books, Marvel, DC and Independents like Dark Horse, Innovation and all Archie titles. . With a side niche of adult comics for my Lesbian customers. I miss it terribly. The customers especially. No tasty tots dude...although...

Zholla

Reaction score
Welcome! So what do you find are the failure points of these scooters?
The controllers, the motors and the wiring harness. In that order. After the first one I learned and just buy refurbished ones or second hand ones and when it leaves me stranded...I don my twin canes and leave the machine where it strands me. Longest days of my life getting home and so be it.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
We have some electric go kart enthusiasts here so you ought to fit in well. Same tech, different applications.