Greetings and Salutations, fellow DIY'ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunar rover

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Castaic, CA
Hi fellas.

Got this massive and old Carter Cart for free 3 years ago. 11hp Tecumseh motor with eletric start, huge "ATC" tires, full roll cage, and seat belts. My son and I used it extensively. Now, the motor died and I purchased a new one from Harbor Freight. The torque converter was basically welded to the drive shaft and I broke it trying to use a pulley puller. So....

Now I have a new torque converter. Problem is, it fits perfectly but how in the world do I secure it to the drive shaft? If I put a bolt in the new motor drive shaft middle, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas/help is appreciated.

Thanks! Keep on DIY'ing!!!
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Greetings and salutations to you as well fellow citizen
I see you are from California .....are you anywhere near SanAngeles?

Just a warning: you cannot curse here or you will be fined one credit.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Sorry this forum reached it max capacity of 2 Califorinicators last week. and I am not going anywhere.
Is there a keyway in the shaft and pulley? that should make it do something, and then the bolt just keeps it in place.
We need some pics to help you better.
 

lunar rover

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Castaic, CA
Ok, here's the new problem.

Got torque converter problem solved with a washer. Easy fix.

Now, I bolted the new motor on and the torque converter is not lining up with the other thing/pulley (clutch?) and there is no room for adjustment as the motor is secured in parallel grooves.

Any ideas?

I thought I could get a longer jackshaft 'shaft' which would line everything up.

Thx for looking.

Also, I realized that the item I'm calling a Torque Converter is probably a CVT; the shiny thing.

The dirty pulley is the Torque Converter, I'm assuming?

And yes, I'm near SanAngeles in Castaic.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1896(1).JPG
    IMG_1896(1).JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 5

lunar rover

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Castaic, CA
I'm in Castaic.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Greetings and salutations to you as well fellow citizen
I see you are from California .....are you anywhere near SanAngeles?

Just a warning: you cannot curse here or you will be fined one credit.

I'm in Castaic.

Copy. No cursing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top