Great place to buy cheap engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Reaction score
Yes, but they are missing parts. I would be weary, but I guess if your making a race engine it does not matter.

slideways

Reaction score
I wonder if HF just throws them in the dumpster for the taking and that's how these end up.

I had one for my fiance's uncle that would just plain not run right. I tore it all apart trying to figure it out but he had the replacement warranty so he got credit for it and i gave him one of mine in the mean time. They should have given him a Predator but they didn't.. he didn't know enough to argue so i think they ended up giving him the clearance price of the Greyhound which was garbage.

Badot

Reaction score
Hmm... next time I'm around HF I may have to wander around back and look for a dumpster :roflol:

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I've heard of guys on EvilBay knocking out HF returns. Man, what a jackpot for the clone crowd! Think about it- there's a lot of stupid people out there! How many engines get returned because the idiot purchaser didn't bother noticing that you have to put oil in the engine, and it wouldn't start (because of the sensor)? How many guys ran 'em on the bench with no load, and brought it back complaining that it was surging at full throttle (bouncing off the governor)? How many just came outta the factory with a misadjusted carb? Heck- even ones with legit defects have a ton of good, useful parts you could break down and sell for profit or use to build a good engine?

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
On my CL it was posted a while ago. My harbor freight was selling like 20 of em for 50 bucks a piece. They were the returns and the ad just said take your pick 50 each or make an offer on all of them. They also had a disclaimer that said they were returned and never inspected so they could be good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.