Governor Issues

qtband

Reaction score
This Greyhound 6.5 came on this kart. The PO said his son took off the throttle so he could make it go faster. I don't think he took off the governor. He had the accelerator cable hooked up to the governor arm to get top speed. I want to return it to original. The only throttle mechanism I had was off a power washer. The issue is, it won't idle unless I hold back the governor arm. The thing runs great, but doesn't idle. I did a static reset of the governor. No difference. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• PXL_20231105_185141266.jpg
    PXL_20231105_185141266.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20231105_185145037.jpg
    PXL_20231105_185145037.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 7

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
This Greyhound 6.5 came on this kart. The PO said his son took off the throttle so he could make it go faster. I don't think he took off the governor. He had the accelerator cable hooked up to the governor arm to get top speed. I want to return it to original. The only throttle mechanism I had was off a power washer. The issue is, it won't idle unless I hold back the governor arm. The thing runs great, but doesn't idle. I did a static reset of the governor. No difference. Am I missing something?
Pressure washers don't idle, they run 3000-3600, that's what they are suppose to do.

I never tried to ride a pressure washer, how's it working for you??? 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 j/k.

You need the correct throttle assembly for a idle to WOT ride.

Here's 1, I'm sure you can fine a cheaper 1 elsewhere.

There's actually REAL throttle assemblies made jus for mini bikes and go karts that give more throttle control.
For governored or non governored engines with or without stock fuel tank, your choice.