Got another new kart....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Picked up another go kart today. Will be looking to see if anyone can help identify it. Will post pictures shortly. And for those that will ask. It's ready to ride and I paid $550 for it. It has a homemade rear bumper on it though that I will probably just take off since I won't be racing it.

Sentrek

Reaction score
pictures are kind of dark since I just got it home and its dark out.

Shot at 2012-03-07

Shot at 2012-03-07

Shot at 2012-03-07

Shot at 2012-03-07

Sentrek

Reaction score
Thanks, Does anyone know how to tell what make & model it is, or what type it is? I dont know much about these types of Karts yet. not that it is majorly important since I bought to just tear up the parking lots with my son and not actually race it. But it would be nice to know.

anderkart

Reaction score
Nice kart :thumbsup:

Looks like a late-1980's/early-90's era Invader-brand Sprint kart. Try to post some better pics showing the front, left side and rear views. Post any #'s your can find stamped into the frame, and they're location too.

anderkart

Reaction score
The #'s could be stamped anywhere on the frame, It might have just had a sticker that just fell off. Margay karts have there #'s stamped near the r-f spindle, but a common location for several other brands is stamped into the frames axle mounting brackets.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted the pictures yet, still haven't located any numbers yet either but I plan to strip it down soon and fix it up and will look real good then. I have a question though, will narrower front tires be better for parking lot and street riding? I took it for a good test ride today up and down the alleys and around the block, it was hard to drive in a straight line, every line. Every uneven surface caused it to pull hard one way or the other.

Sentrek

Reaction score
I got my new skid plate made tonight. I got a scrap piece of 11 gauge aluminum from work to make it from. After we tear up the school parking lot tomorrow (weather permitting) I plan to tear it down and start fixing it up. I hope I can get the frame powder coated but if not I will at least repaint it. I am hoping I can find someone to rechrome the gaurds for a reasonable price as well.

anderkart

Reaction score
Yeah some narrower front tires would probably help. You should check your frontend for any loose components and check your toe-in adjustments. Info here: http://www.foxvalleykart.com/toe_in.html

I still think you've got an Invader kart, Its one of the few brands that had chrome steering column supports like yours. I found this Invader kart pic online, it's probably a different year/model but looks pretty close to yours:

pic found here: http://www.myspace.com/smmracing/photos/42154700#{"ImageId":42154700}

Sentrek

Reaction score
Yeah, after you had said that I did some searching and found a few (invaders) that even more closely resemble mine than that one does (I do appreciate though). I decided I am just going to go ahead and repaint mine, so i stripped it down to bare metal today and I found one set of numbers on one of the rear bearing carriers, it is "9646" if that tells you anything.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Also, I need to order a new rear axle, the one on it is bent, its slight but its bent. What is good, tubular steel, tubular aluminum or solid aluminum? they are all with in 3 or 4 bucks of each other on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.