Got a Chopper! but not sure what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

66impala327

Reaction score
Picked up a chopper for next to nothing for fun. Alot of people helped with my go kart situation and thought yall could help with this one. I was wondering what brand it is and size of motor. Whats it worth and is it worth keeping or should i get it running and get rid of it. I forgot to get the keys from the guy so i couldnt start it after i put it back together. Will be picking them up this morning. Half of the motor is fake. All covers and fenders are plastic. Gas tank says 20:1 mix ratio and thats about it. Has 1028624 on engine and muffler but doesnt tell me much. Pretty sure its chinese. Any help would be grateful and if you need more pics or info i will be glad to get it. I imagine i will need some help trouble shooting also after i try starting it. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20130128_082118-1.jpg
    20130128_082118-1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20130128_082037-1.jpg
    20130128_082037-1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 41

66impala327

Reaction score
Its only a one cylinder. The other side is fake. May be Chinese, but the guy said its been sitting for a couple of years and after I got it put together and the keys it started and ran for about 2 minutes then died. I really didn't even clean it up much before I put it together. The guy looked and acted like a tweeker, so i didnt have much expectations seeing it in pieces. I don't have a throttle handle but I was able to move the a carb and it moved a couple feet. I was thinking about messing with carb but I can order a new one for $12 and a handle for around the same.wife told me to hurry up and get it going, she's ready to ride it.

66impala327

Reaction score
If I was going to swap the motor with a traditional horizontal shaft motor how could I? I know I would have to weld a plate on but the shaft would be on the left and the sprocket is on the right side of the wheel. It has a converter setup with the transfer shaft going thru the fake half of the motor, so I doubt I could reuse that setup.

cumminsbayou4x4

Reaction score
just make the plate bolt the motor up, put a jack shaft on it, put a clutch or torque converter on it, rig up a throttle, and hook some chains up not that hard

66impala327

Reaction score
Wasn't worried about installing another engine. My problem was transferring to the other side but the jackshaft would work great thanks.

66impala327

Reaction score
I got a new 7hp predator and a 6.5 dewalt sittin at the house. Stuffing one of those in there might be to much fun. We will see. Might just get it running better and cleaned up and sell it. Already got a ouple guys interested.

smgs92

Reaction score
Put in the predator and build it you will love it. Tons of torque and power.

beansdaddy78

Reaction score
Its only a one cylinder. The other side is fake. May be Chinese, but the guy said its been sitting for a couple of years and after I got it put together and the keys it started and ran for about 2 minutes then died. I really didn't even clean it up much before I put it together. The guy looked and acted like a tweeker, so i didnt have much expectations seeing it in pieces. I don't have a throttle handle but I was able to move the a carb and it moved a couple feet. I was thinking about messing with carb but I can order a new one for $12 and a handle for around the same.wife told me to hurry up and get it going, she's ready to ride it.
what type of carb does it have???

if it has that knockoff of the popular walbro yjw car, i just bought the actual walbro yjw rebuild kit for the same $12 as the carb, and that same carb has outlasted two of the new knockoff carbs. i was told to do it by someone who seems to know any and everything about about those little 2stroke motors.

and the walbro kit fit right in the china carb, it was amazing almost like the chinese copied it ;)

easiest carb i have ever rebuilt also, next to the briggs 5hp carb

can i see a closeup of the motor, not that im some guru i am just wanting to see what it looks like and wondering what type of carb is on it.

tried looking close, thats pretty sweet i thought it was one of them plastic covered knockoff motors too until i looked closer.

looks kinda like one they sell at the farm store around here but with different motor

Status
Not open for further replies.