• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Good first car???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
im getting my licence in about 3 months, and am starting to look for a car. one of my dads friends was killed in a motorbike accident and left us this car. its a 198something Duahatsu 'scat', but it basicaly rolled out the other end of a toyota factory (toyota engine and most other parts). but i dont know if i want something that i can go xtreme 4wding in or something that can do burnouts and break the speed limit in. what do you guys think>?

pmat

noob
Reaction score
im quite happy with my Isuzu trooper, its very roomy, they last forever, decent gas mileage for what it is (19 mpg) and very powerful and is a beast offroad and in snow. mine has rolled into a lake, been crashed twice, beat like hell, and still runs great

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Good first car is a midsize 4 door 4 banger, like a Camry. If you want to live to 17 you would know its horrid idea to be driving an overpowered sports coupe, high CG 4x4, anything "fast", etc., when you are an inexperienced teen(AKA, idiot) who is probably gonna start experimenting with alcohol and drugs pretty soon if you haven't already.

If you are offended by the above please remember that its coming from somebody who is only a step ahead of you.

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
yea i was thinking of a corola or a falcon, i still might do this one up and put it on club rego for the occasional drives

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
sell it and go with a suzuki samurai, nissan z32, 89 toyota mr2 or a eclipse gsx BUT do not go with fwd ok fwd bad

whats wrong with 4wd, im in australia and our roads are terrible around here. im into shooting and camping so 4wd is more suited for my needs:auto:

pmat

noob
Reaction score
whats wrong with 4wd, im in australia and our roads are terrible around here. im into shooting and camping so 4wd is more suited for my needs:auto:
fold down the seats in a trooper and u can sleep 3 ppl in it comfortably, just incase bears become a problem :ack2: i know from experience, lol

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
bears?? :eek: my baby is only 2 seater, but the guy before me took the pasanger seat out so he could sleep in it( possibly to get away from the killer kangaroos)
i just started school holidays so im aiming to start striping it down to see what will be involved on restoring it :wai:

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
these things are awesome! a mate of mine has a suzuki lj50(think of a 50 yr old 2 stoke sierra) which is much the same thing, they can go anywhere! and remember if its got a seperate transfer case(or you can put one in) then you can stick a bigger engine in it, i know theres a sierra with a mazda rotary engine in perth :devil2: but you also have to remember that nothing crashes worse than these things, maybe get a sedan of some type and keep this for the mud on the weekends? also do remember that these cars do have some colectors value, they are very rare now and even if its in ok condition it may be the best unrestored one for hundreds of miles, they were farm hacks after all...

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
Idk, Looks like a neat rig though.
Reminds me of those mail jeeps lol.

I like my ranger though,
Good trucks.

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
but you also have to remember that nothing crashes worse than these things, maybe get a sedan of some type and keep this for the mud on the weekends?

the only thing i plan on using it for is running into town, and super awesome mad xtreme offroading:roflol: (it has a bull bar so me crashing it will be the other cars problem):devil2:

frederic

The Junk Man
Reaction score
It's a free vehicle... replacing it with something else is expensive.

Free allows you to buy a lot of gas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.