Good Buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplysideways

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum and dont know an awful lot about karts more of a car man but still love the karts! Anyway, i saw a 9hp kart for sale from a go-karting track i was at today and there selling them for 400 to 500 hundred euro. I was wondering is this a good buy as i would re-paint and do it up over the winter. Good thing to do or bad? Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Pics? Dunno the value of thing in the EU but quick rough calculations put that to $1000 U$D. Only a racing kart in good shape is worth that much. What kind of kart is it?

simplysideways

Reaction score
Pics? Dunno the value of thing in the EU but quick rough calculations put that to $1000 U$D. Only a racing kart in good shape is worth that much. What kind of kart is it?

There the same karts as in the picture. They are after getting new karts and they are selling the old ones which are in the picture with 9hp engines,no gears. Not full race prepared karts with gearboxes etc. The karts that are for sale were brought in from Belgium

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Dang! I think if I had $1000 burning a hole in my pocket, I'd get one. Those commercial chassis are pretty durable. Probably handle just about anything you can wedge into it, if the 9hp wasn't enough.....

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Dang! I think if I had $1000 burning a hole in my pocket, I'd get one. Those commercial chassis are pretty durable. Probably handle just about anything you can wedge into it, if the 9hp wasn't enough.....

Never buy used karts from a public karting place. My cousins dad used tow work at one of those places and he says there crap and have been fixed half *** alot of times. He said everyday they where alighning the engine because when people hit stuff no matter how tight the bolts are the motor would shift and misalihn.

simplysideways

Reaction score
Never buy used karts from a public karting place. My cousins dad used tow work at one of those places and he says there crap and have been fixed half *** alot of times. He said everyday they where alighning the engine because when people hit stuff no matter how tight the bolts are the motor would shift and misalihn.

was wondering was anyone going to say that,looks like no after that. thanks

simplysideways

Reaction score
was talking to the karting place again and they said that there are new engines gone into the ones that they are selling

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Its not just the engine thats abused. Think of the drive train. All smashing up againts curbs and such all day long. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.