• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Gokart / minibike gas tank manufacturing opportunity

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I’m sorry you had to increase the price by $20.00. That is a heck of a jump to have to make. They are looking much better too!

OPmini

moo
Reaction score
Ive been in touch with Eric at OMB warehouse, he seems like a pretty cool guy. I sent him a sample tank so hopefully he likes it and buys more. Im making some 12 inchers with 1/8 npt bungs. Just sold this one on ebay. I also contacted GPS and monster scooter parts but they never responded.
Anyways, I'm really starting to rock these bung welds.
tank21.jpgtank22.jpgtank23.jpgtank24.jpgtank25.jpg

karl

Reaction score
The pipe thread is a nice touch, right angle
fittings reduce the height needed to
mount the tank above the carb for gravity feed.

I like using the plastic style with the built in shutoff valve.

Anyway hope the OMB gig works out!

OPmini

moo
Reaction score
Made this little six-inch tank for a guy. I almost want to make one for myself and put it on my desk lol! Making these has really prompted me to become a much better tig welder, as you guys have seen from the pictures not too bad for a 16 year old huh!
Unfortunately, the guy with the go kart shop just stopped picking up the phone, despite me initially selling him a few tanks.
Eric at OMB was really nice, but he did have some solid criticism, I'd really need some higher end equipment to be making tanks with the finish he would need.
I'm just going to keep on selling on eBay and getting better at tig.

Attachments

• minigastank.jpg
    minigastank.jpg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 6
  • minigastank1.jpg
    minigastank1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

CEB

Reaction score
Dont let that guy ducking calls get you down,what you are doing is absolutely commendable. In your comments you have shown a dedication to quality and the ability to take criticism in stride and not take it personally. You will go far,sir!