gokart loom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
If you need pics, then you would probably just be speculating and I can do that on my own.Besides, I don't have any.The only place I've seen one is on a break-down of a Manco.
BTW-You guys missed the most common and important use of the word loom:the giant machines that weave textiles.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
601
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
If you need pics, then you would probably just be speculating and I can do that on my own.Besides, I don't have any.The only place I've seen one is on a break-down of a Manco.
BTW-You guys missed the most common and important use of the word loom:the giant machines that weave textiles.

Yes, every single one of us members would be speculating. :sarcasm:

How about pointing out this contraption on the exploded view of this common Manco kart below. Give us the number. You are the one who asked us what this loom is. If you google images the words go kart loom, you get the second pic
 

Attachments

  • 2013-07-15 04-01-51 PM.jpg
    2013-07-15 04-01-51 PM.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-07-15 04-16-53 PM.jpg
    2013-07-15 04-16-53 PM.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 11

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
601
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
If you are trying to imply that this part doesn't exist, I never said it was on every Manco. Try Manco model 415B or D.

No, please don't misunderstand me. I am trying to help you out here.

Here is the diagram for the 415B and D. The part you are talking about must be there. Give us the number and we can help you out

Have a look at this link
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 22

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Its there but the #'s are too fuzzy to read.I'll have to go back and look it up.I still think that will just cause a lot of speculation. The one person who would definitely know wouldn't need a picture.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
The numbers don't look fuzzy to me...

If you know so much more than us, why are you asking us?

How do you know it's called a loom?

No one's implying anything but, you ask a broad question, expect us to know exactly what you're talking about while refusing to provide photos or even point out the part on an exploded view, then you imply that we are idiots for not knowing what you're talking about... Seriously?
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
601
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Dude. If you can't read them on the pic, then go to the link, download the PDF, get the # and post back here. You are kidding yourself if you think none of us can help you.

Where is my platter......?
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Hey-I didn't mean to imply that any of you were idiots. If I thought i knew more than you I wouldn't have asked. I'm not so sure it is there because I downloaded several 415 manuald and it wasn't there. I'm not sure where I found it. Here's the part # :G0631. I was hoping someone would know without all this mess.It is a piece of plastic that costs $1.25.I don't think it's worth all this effort.
Maybe it's for knitting sweaters on the fly.
 

souperman000

New member
Messages
2,466
Reaction score
11
Location
Westlake Village, CA
A very quick google search of "Manco Loom" came up with these two sites:

http://www.gokartsrus.com/g0631-loom-6312-l-1625-id-p-3845.html
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/Parts-Lookup/G0275/896075/pd

Here is a parts diagram and list of parts. A quick Ctrl F search for "loom" led me to part #78 on the diagram. Part # G0631. It looks like a little bushing or spacer or something just behind the rear rim.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...-Parts/Model-495B/3242/1417020/P0509020/00001

Future reference to everyone: Try this first

Google is a friend to all, 5 minutes or less and you can find what you are looking for. The part number you gave us is a good starting point too.

This is the Loom you are searching for! (bad Star Wars reference... :lolgoku:)
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
It's a weird deal.Being as they put them on so few karts, whatever it did must not have worked too well. Looking at that last link, I noticed #27 & 28, which looks like a captive bearing to me.I'm thinking that this thing puts some tension on the hub.Maybe it's an anti-roll device. Kinda a reverse centrifugal clutch.Another thought I had was that it had something to do with equalizing braking by kicking in as the wheel slowed down and releasing as it sped up.Could just be a dust cover, but then why call it a loom? Like I said, one person knows, but they would have to happen by this little thread
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
BTW-You guys missed the most common and important use of the word loom:the giant machines that weave textiles.
No, I didn't.
LOL- I read the thread title and was trying to figure out what you were weaving...



If you need pics, then you would probably just be speculating and I can do that on my own.Besides, I don't have any.The only place I've seen one is on a break-down of a Manco.

Not necessarily. We need pics because we are a global community, and as such, sometimes may use different terms. A "loom" to you might be a "bushing" to me, but who the he// knows without a picture. If an Englishman said he saw a lorry crash today, would the Texan know what he meant without a pic? Perhaps not!

Furthermore, there's speculation, and then there's educated speculation. Sometimes the latter is worth it's weight in gold. As a final point- while some of us may not have known what you meant, there is an INCREDIBLY good chance that (with a reference) one or more of us would have been able to point you to a suitable substitute, or even to indicate whether there was actually any consequence to NOT using one.
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
All this is funny... Wire, seat cover, sweater ect... Loom...

But in all seriousness, It might be just me, but that looks like a shaft boot. Like in a cv joint.
My guess It just keeps crap from getting into the bearing area????
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Points well taken. Sometimes we all get so caught up in ourselves that we forget that we are but a small cog in a much larger machine. I admit I was a bit short sighted there, and this is a forum and not a personal Google site. I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things, if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the swift kick in the butt to get me back on track

Since this thread is blown up anyway, I think we should welcome as much speculation as possible (both serious and humorous) and see who can come up with the best solution.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top