GoKart Identication

CillerCrocCustoms

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first thread. I love the forums, and have been using it heavily for project ideas and such. Its amazing the karts that you guys have and your passion for them. Anyways I was curious what gokart I have. I was pretty sure it was homemade but I've seen some that look similar made by a manufacturer like Manco for instance. Not a specific reason just to know.

The seat is not the seat it came with. I am currently repairing the seat, it was a plastic seat.

Attachments

• 20201011_133047.jpg
    20201011_133047.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

CillerCrocCustoms

Reaction score
20200622_134955.jpgThe wing is something I added, but the frame really has me thinking. It has a logo on the steering wheel, I dont know if its a Manco logo or maybe it isn't linked to a company at all.

Attachments

• 20200906_152147.jpg
    20200906_152147.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20201208-175534_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201208-175534_Gallery.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 13

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
don't know the brand, but I am fairly sure that the frame is professionally made. I think that it might be one of these old f1 gokart frame but without the body. but don't get your hopes up I am no expert just judging by looks.

CillerCrocCustoms

Reaction score
don't know the brand, but I am fairly sure that the frame is professionally made. I think that it might be one of these old f1 gokart frame but without the body. but don't get your hopes up I am no expert just judging by looks.
It looks similar to that for sure. Funny enough I actually wanted to get one just like that before I got mine 🤣. Thank you for the reply

Smerft85

Reaction score
I don't know where you are at but i have seen a few in my area for the 1-200$ range on fb marketplace, just the body I mean.

$200 is about all that kart is worth complete and running, I'd build it as the yard kart it is and not worry about putting twice into it than itll ever be worth tbh. Not to mention, the body may not fit with the bigger wheels he has on it.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
That is what you have, and it is a manco, you are missing the indy body.
Nope not a Manco chassis at all.. more like the Bird chassis ...
most likely however one of the 'newer' iterations of indy/formula bodied karts (as can be bought on gokartusa and such)

simple reason the Manco 713/715 (Manco's mini indy) didn't come with nerf bars (those side rails)
and it didn't have a floor plate in the engine bay but instead two very prominent bars sticking straight up for the wingmount.

'sid