Going to use Plexiglass on Kart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasoren

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Since I'm constantly coming up with new ways to make things seem great, I'm going to order some green fluorescent plexiglass sheeting that is 1/8 and 1/4 thick, create my front nose piece and front fairing, and hook some of it to my nerf bars.The Kart will be painted lime green by Kawasaki with a hint of black. To keep the brackets from splitting, I will fabricate them from aluminum and use rubber grommets where I fasten bolts. I'm hoping it works. To bend the front nose and fairing, I'll be heating it. It should be entertaining, in my opinion. Tell me what you all think. It will be too cool. It will only be on an older racing kart street.
 

lucasoren

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Because plexiglass (acrylic) is stronger, lighter, and safer than regular glass—it is far less likely to break into sharp pieces—it is a wise choice for your kart's windows. It's crucial to understand its drawbacks, though, as they might make the project difficult and necessitate careful handling. These include its propensity to scratch easily and to break when cut or drilled. please visit for trail work auto window tinting in san antonio tx.
 

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Messages
5,993
Reaction score
2,996
Location
Atlanta, GA
Broken "plexiglass" is a couple notches below regular glass on the dangerous scale, but it's still on the scale.
 

Kartorbust

Inmate #627
Messages
4,532
Reaction score
996
Location
Utica, NE
I mean they used plexiglass for fighter planes and bombers during WW-II. Upside is, it's also pretty resilient against UV damage, so it should not fade very fast either over time being out in the sun. Definitely an upside compared to using Lexan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top