Go kart won’t stop running when I start it

Fanisswag

Reaction score
I have a dhv 6.5 electronic ignition engine on my go kart and when ever I turn it on it starts running. I was told that it could be my centrifugal clutch.
Can anyone help meimage.jpgimage.jpg

Fanisswag

Reaction score
My idle speed was too high and so I lowered it. I am trying to remove the clutch but it seems like I can’t.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
While you're messing with it, take that sheet metal loose from around the cylinder and clean that pine straw and stuff out of it. It's not meant to be a heat shield or guard, it's to funnel airflow from the cooling fan to pass around and through the cooling fins of the cylinder. Stopping up or reducing that cooling air is something you'd regret when it gets to be hot weather again.

Barîb

Reaction score
Take the bolt out of the crankshaft (I believe it’s a size 15 hex head) hold the shaft with some vice grips clamped onto a paper towel and then loosen it. Frog is right, the c-clip can be removed and clutch inspected. Sometimes not worth messing with, can alway buy new one for $15 if it is beyond saving.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
While you're messing with it, take that sheet metal loose from around the cylinder and clean that pine straw and stuff out of it. It's not meant to be a heat shield or guard, it's to funnel airflow from the cooling fan to pass around and through the cooling fins of the cylinder. Stopping up or reducing that cooling air is something you'd regret when it gets to be hot weather again.
It looks like there is a good bit around the cover over the flywheel and mag. Would be a good idea to clean that off too. No airflow means no cooling.