Go Kart wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat-20-

Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping you can help me with this....

Im in the planning staged of my diy go-kart, but one thing i wanted on my kart was the fat racing slicks you see on the real go-karts, now i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get anything like this cheap? i tried all the links off this site (northerntool, bmi, etc) but they all used the thin nobby tires.

thanks

-mat

rocko

Reaction score
wheels for a good price

check on ebay i saw a 4 of them for 50.00 just look under go kart parts:D

mat-20-

Reaction score
oh wow! thats a steal!

while im in this thread, a few more noob questions, i understand, wheel connects to hub, hub connects to live axle, but how does that hub connect to the axle? i know theres some deal with keyways and key to make them turn in sync with the axle, but then what stops the hub sliding horizontally along the axle?

frank

Reaction score
usually the ends of the axle is threaded so you can put a huge nut on there to keep the hub on, there are other ways though, like snap rings, or bolt through the axle.

PJG1173

Reaction score
buyer beware

make sure if you are going to buy anything off ebay you research the brand you are buying. What I though was a steel on yard kart tires turned out to be hand kart tires when they showed up. They looked good on the kart (see attached pic) but first trip up the road and all the hubs broke. When I took the drive wheel apart to fix it I found a PVC spacer between the wheel and sprocket. Next set of wheels and tires I purchased through ebay I did some research on and got what I paid for.

Attachments

• DSC00618.jpg
    DSC00618.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 57

PJG1173

Reaction score
some axles have set screws others have retaining clips. Mine has both plus sleeves in between each component.

Reaction score
if your talking about race kart wheels, the wheel hubs, sprocket hubs, ect., are split with a pinch bolt. when you tighten it up it closes the split and holds to the axle.--phil

Status
Not open for further replies.